Kinetic Recovery Ropes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
55000[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Even though many have used recovery straps, I would like info or recommendations for Bubba type kinetic recovery ropes type products.
According to Googled videos, they seem to be able to really get the stuck, unstuck easily & quickly!
Do you carry straps or recovery ropes in your Jeep?

Attachments

• Kinetic%20Rope.jpg
    Kinetic%20Rope.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
3 straps in mine 15, 20 and 30 footers
I've pulled with a Bubba Rope before, they do a good job , ( this one was brand new when we had to use it) Not sure long term etc

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled with a 30 ft strap bunch of times. Never had an issue. Unless your real deep in mud or wet sand I wouldn't see a use for kinetic. Kinda need a runway just to use it.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also use/buy straps. 20 and 30 footers for me. They are cheaper and do the job.Sales on all the time. More versatile in my opinion. Maybe the investment of a "Bubba" rope would be economical in the long run. but I'm happy and ok with straps.

Bert

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I looked at these, I just went to amazon.ca (Canada)
:shakehead:
I would of thought they might have gone down in price! Maybe it's just because our dollar *****! LibertyTC do you have someplace in mind to buy at a better price?

Bert

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two 20 foot and one 30 foot recovery strap - plus a tree saver and those have worked well. I haven't used or seen a kinetic strap before but what I've seen online they look to be quite effective.

I have a synthetic rope on my winch instead of a steel cable and there is a bit of a kinetic effect with it. It stretches slightly and has a bit of a spring effect to it but I'm sure it isn't specifically a kinetic rope. I feel better having it on the winch for safety reasons mostly (plus it's about 70lbs lighter.)

Bob

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I looked at these, I just went to amazon.ca (Canada)
:shakehead:
I would of thought they might have gone down in price! Maybe it's just because our dollar *****! LibertyTC do you have someplace in mind to buy at a better price?
Bert
Ya our dollar is really in the dump right now. :favorites68:
For straps, Princess Auto in Winnipeg is your best bet price wise.
There are other manufacturers of Kenetic recovery ropes and suppliers.
More research & time on the phone here is needed on my part to discover better pricing and information.
Next week will be stopping by a local 4x4 shop and see if they can help with Canadian made. Hang in there...:gr_grin:

VAPoorBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the normal tree saver, 15 and 20 foot straps. Never any issues when using them.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came across this company while reading about winch lines in 4WDrive magazine so I checked out their website and came across some decently priced kinetic ropes and remebered this thread.
7/8" Kinetic Recovery Rope 28,600lb – Gemstone Offroad

Not bad being CAD! and a Canadian company. I'm looking at the Diamond Series winch Line.

Bert

Last edited:

Gemstone Offroad

Reaction score
Hey guys, Shayne here from Gemstone Offroad. I saw I had a few visits from this site to my webpage. If you guys have any questions feel free to message me or contact me through the info on the website. I know I am not a forum sponsor, sorry if I am stepping on any toes.

Here is a vid on our kinetic ropes from playing in the snow last weekend.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=V6u6A_W6DsA

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! My philosophy as well, If at first you don't succeed, keep backing up further and further for a bigger bump. That rope did it's job!

Bert

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya that's what kinetic ropes are all about!
Take a good solid long run, & watch the ropes elastic pull energy, to allow the vehicle to jump out...!!
Was that video shot in Kelowna? That's a lot of snow still there!

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For most jobs I can see regular ropes/straps being fine, like when I had to tug cars up the hill near my house to get the road cleared, because morons think summer/all-seasons are great tires for 4" in 1 hour snow fall. Now if I had tried to help get that tractor trailer over the hump, I'd have liked a kinetic rope simply because I wouldn't have to kill the clutch to get the job done. Eventually I'll add one to my stable of recovery gear.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about a Bubba Rope until I saw the price. They look good but sometimes I think these kind of things are a hype like Monster Hooks ect. I got a Erickson 3"x30' 27,000# Recovery Strap. They are $87.99 and were on sale for $43.99. Has been used many times without issue nor any visible wear or damage.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score