keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're having problems with the keyless entry on our '06 Sport. Starting last night, it only works intermittently (this affects all functions: lock, unlock, and rear glass). At first I thought it was my remote battery, so I changed it, but the problem remains. The same thing happens with my wife's remote.

I know nothing about the keyless entry system on this vehicle, so any tips would be appreciated.

BTW, several days ago I replaced the ignition switch actuator assy. Since this problem didn't show up for a few days later, I assume it's unrelated, but I thought I'd mention it.

Thank you!

Moon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think changing your switch actuator assembly would cause that problem. I had this problem with mine not more than five months ago. The stupid remote just quit working, for some reason. If you whacked the remote on the door handle, sometimes it would work. I changed the batteries, but it didn't remedy the problem. I finally just concluded that the remote bellied-up on me. I just unlock the door with the key now.

:cheers:

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but like I said, we are having the same problem w/ both remotes, so I don't think the problem is the remotes.

Anyone else?

LaneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this exact same problem with mine. And like a week later, the battery died. In the Jeep, that is. Check out your battery. That could be the problem.

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually put in a new NAPA 7534 battery about three weeks ago, but you never know! Thanks for the reply!

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might already know it won't work if there is RF interference nearby. Any changes that would involve 2 way radios?

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem solved. I posted over on Allpar, and someone asked me if the chime sounds with the driver door open. Yes, it does, indicating that it was sensing the key in the lock all the time. I had been wondering about this, but figured the two were unrelated, since the remote problem was intermittent, yet the key-sense issue was constant.

With the driver's door open and the chime sounding, I removed the ignition switch - chime stops, so switch must be working. Inserted key, and plastic stem moved out - so the actuator appears to work, too. Put switch back on, and everything is fine! Not sure what happened, but something must have not gone together quite right the first time, so that the key-sense switch was closed all the time. The strange thing is that the chime sounded every time the door was open, but the remote problem was only intermittent. ???

At any rate, everything is working normally now. Thanks to everyone who replied.