K&N vs. Airaid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

explr1

Reaction score
Stick with a K&N or the paper filter. Heres a pic of the dirt build up in my K&N FIPK after running a "non k&n" filter for a year. I'd rather not say what filter I ran because somehow my account over on the L.O.S.T forum was deleted after posting this pic.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, for those of you who did install the K&N. Did you notice any real improvement in MPG or any noticeable increase in airflow?

maybe a tad bit, but it might just be in my mind ya know? didnt have anything to really do a detailed check with other than the odometer. seems a bit more peppy but that is about it.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick with a K&N or the paper filter. Heres a pic of the dirt build up in my K&N FIPK after running a "non k&n" filter for a year. I'd rather not say what filter I ran because somehow my account over on the L.O.S.T forum was deleted after posting this pic.

You must be registered for see images
You think it was bad with a Amsoil filter you should see what it would have looked like running the K&N,it would be 100% worse.The K&N filters are not designed to filter small particals,they are designed for high flow for race engines which don't need to last for very long anyway.

I have the AFE CAI and had the oiled AFE filter(exactly the same as a K&N) on it for about a year also,theinside of my tube was way worse then that with the oiled filter.I switched tro the AEM synthetic dry filter and have zero crud build up after 6 years of use.I clean the dryflow AEM filter about once a year.

explr1

Reaction score
You think it was bad with a Amsoil filter you should see what it would have looked like running the K&N,it would be 100% worse.The K&N filters are not designed to filter small particals,they are designed for high flow for race engines which don't need to last for very long anyway.

I have the AFE CAI and had the oiled AFE filter(exactly the same as a K&N) on it for about a year also,theinside of my tube was way worse then that with the oiled filter.I switched tro the AEM synthetic dry filter and have zero crud build up after 6 years of use.I clean the dryflow AEM filter about once a year.

Thanks, if I put on an inake again, I'll use an AEM filter.

Latest posts

Members online