Just saying hello.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been reading this forum for weeks and finally decided to join. I just purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty Special Edition. I knew nothing about these Jeep until after I bought it. The one main reason I bought the Jeep is because my wife feels safe in it, and where we live we actually need the Jeep to get around. So a little about me. I'm a Licensed Mechanic (Red Seal), but my main profession is a high school teacher grades 9-12. I teach mostly shop classes, computer science and business studies.

After seeing what I could do to the Jeep as modifications, and witnessing its abilities I have to admit I am impressed. I've always been a dodge fan. But I never really took notice to the Liberty, actually always thought of it sort of a soccer mom vehicle. But that's changed now. I have seen some amazing things on this site. Not just in vehicle alterations but in the users skill levels. This appears to be a great community of people. Not to mention I like the fact that the Liberty have a unibody-on-ladder frame design while most other SUV in the class (Saturn Vue for example) are all unibody.

I do plan on altering the Liberty over the next few months. Some are needed as we live 80km down a poorly maintained logging road. I have already ordered a Broadfeet brush bar (flat black) and am planning to install large fog lights. I have found that the Liberty's lights are not the greatest stock, the low beams and fog lights are good but the high beam lights are to vertically narrow. I also plan on adding a 3" lift (haven't made up my mind on brand yet, I like OME but I'm a cheap bugger and parts aren't going to last long up here. I'm more or less thinking of rough country so I can replace it yearly and relatively cheaply). One of the first new part additions will be OME UCA's. Mostly because they have replaceable BJ's.

Well I do feel that I have talked enough on here. FYI I do not need pointers for which lift kit to buy. I do understand all the pros and cons to each system.

Thanks for reading my overly long post :) :badger_1:

Pictures to follow shortly!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Michael, and enjoy the forum.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome
and I just have to comment on lifts
Go OME they'll last 20 times longer than any crappy rough country since you're still using stock springs
Oh and OME does not make UCAs jeepinbyal does

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know about jeepinbyal, but OME does have upper control arms on his website for the Liberty 02-07. Sold as a pair for $299. Or has he discontinued them?

http://www.rocky-road.com/kjarm.html

Rock Road is not OME

ARB makes OME springs and shock
now if you do some searching on here and LOST JEEPS you'll see that some have tried the UCAs from RRO and have not been happy.
Do lots more reading and asking questions. We'll lead you down the right path unlike some dealers like RRO.
Many of us have been playing with thses for several years and know what works/what doesn't long term

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Tommudd, I will check out the jeepinbyal UCA's. I just want something where I can swap out the BJ easily. Also I want proper alignment angles. I do plan on doing lots of reading, there is a lot to go through on this site (its a good thing).

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Liberty asylum.

Like you, I knew nothing about this stuff when I joined this forum a few months ago. And after reading and searching and researching, now I know..........well next to nothing, but it's still a helluvalot more than when I started.

Lots of helpful and knowledgable folks here

jramey

Reaction score
Welcome, I'm new here as well but have found lots of useful info about my libby since I've been here. I won't at all tell you what lift to go get cuz I've only used one so far and it was the rough country and from my own personal experience with it I will say this...I will never recommend it to anyone.

huntbuggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

See you're up in Fort Frances! Welcome fellow Northern Ontarian! (Haven't been that far up 11 in awhile, but get fishing and hunting when I can with friends and family all along 11 between Kapuskasing and Thunder Bay.)

As a fellow Canadian, check other posts of Canadians lifting and getting parts domestically. (Nothing against Jeepin By Als - just ordered control arms there myself, super service and amazing custom Liberty gear.) Check the Canadian forum for experiences with different vendors, ordering Mopar stuff online cheaper than dealerships etc...

If shopping here, even though you might have someone right across the border in MN, it does often make sense to go Canadian and save duty, brokerage and shipping at some of the recent finds like:

www.arbcanada.com - e-mail Tony in Montreal, Canadians here have ordered bumpers, springs, shocks, air lockers, recovery gear... and at prices often better than US, shipped affordably to your door no matter weight or size.

www.bilsteincanada.com - usually offer free shipping on Bilstein shocks if that's the route you're going. Got 24-139168 Liberty front and 33-185859 Dakota rear shocks for under $400 there for my lift on my 2002.

Everything else and accessories, try the Canadian standard for offroaders www.national4wdonline.com - they have pretty much everything...

The online US Mopar retailer to beat seems to be www.moparonlineparts.com I got my last bunch of fasteners, isolators and such in a few days shipped from upstate NY it's close for Ontarians and prices are the lowest found so far.

Between this site and lostjeeps.com you're never without advice, ideas or community... and rarely as heated or opinionated as many other Jeep sites.

(But a Broadfeet? Really? :gr_grin: - J.K.)

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
OME Lift for sure!

Welcome and just remember what "J E E P" stands for....
Just Empty Every Pocket !:whip:
Once the OME lift is done with JBA 4.5 uper A-Arms, you will have a much nicer riding rig!
Then it will be ready for most any type of logging roads, with competent IFS handling and smooth ride. :gr_grin:
Side badge really Should read "OME Trail Rated":smokin: