just saw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My second lifted liberty in person. Huuuuuge. Dont know who owns it. Passed him/her down us-15 in lewisburg. Arb bumper and what appeared to be 33's. Makes me wonder about the cv issues

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen a KJ lifted other than mine.

Sent from my Home Phone using Tapatalk 2

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I hear ya on the CV's ... already ripped up one ... second is growling like mad and I'm only at 23". That's just the front at 22.5 the rear slip yoke is vibrating because the shaft is being pulled too far. Have no choice but to lower it :(

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving on the opposite side of the road and couldnt really flag him/her down. Was dying to get a closer look

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure im the only lifted kj in my area , closest thing is a renegade some kid did up with more lights and a snorkel. Every now and again i see him rollin around all mudded up but word from friends who know him is that his parents wont let him go wheelin so he throws mud on it to impress his friends.

Honduras

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My second lifted liberty in person. Huuuuuge. Dont know who owns it. Passed him/her down us-15 in lewisburg. Arb bumper and what appeared to be 33's. Makes me wonder about the cv issues

There's one other lifted Liberty here in Comayagua, and I work with the guy. Silver beast with a 3" lift with Mopar roof lights. Pretty sweet looking ride.

I'm running 33x12.50s with a set of RCV CVs. What is this CV nonsense of which you speak? :party36:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's one other lifted Liberty here in Comayagua, and I work with the guy. Silver beast with a 3" lift with Mopar roof lights. Pretty sweet looking ride.

I'm running 33x12.50s with a set of RCV CVs. What is this CV nonsense of which you speak? :party36:

I thnk you need cut CVs but only after 4" of lift. I have 3.5" of lift and have no cv problems. That i know of at least lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
CVs CVs CVs :happy175:
Been running "over" 4 inches of lift for a long time ( well over 100,000 miles, have been lifted over 160,000) like I have said
Left side is still the stock CV from the factory, has never been out and the KJ has 180,000 on it, right sides been replaced once due to a stick that punched through the boot, once due to the boot wearing through on one of the ribs

Oh no issues with the rear either come on find something else to complain about
:Insane::gay::Violin::drink_nl:

Run em hard :gr_grin:

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been running "over" 4 inches of lift for a long time ( well over 100,000 miles, have been lifted over 160,000) like I have said
Left side is still the stock CV from the factory, has never been out and the KJ has 180,000 on it, right sides been replaced once due to a stick that punched through the boot, once due to the boot wearing through on one of the ribs

Doesnt the kit you put together with marlin say you need cut cvs once you go over 4?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score

That's awesome Rev ... how does that help me? :happy175:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's awesome Rev ... how does that help me? :happy175:

Maybe you need to get "The Rev" to bless your Jeep, Luke.......:happy175:

Wait......I wonder how much he charges, I think I need one too....:smokin:

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Had to do a blessing on an 05 Grand this morning
came in weeping all over the floor
Left with a smile and no more tears :angels2:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I'm all good now ...but it cost me. If I could just get over my healthy fear of spring compressors it wouldn't have been such a pain in my a@@

Sitting at 22" all 'round. I had to have the coil overs dis-assembled and swapped the Frankenlift bottom "spacer"/ "spring holder" out for the stock hardware. If the springs ever decide to sag... I'll put them back in.

It was so bad (maxed) that when they lifted her up on the hoist the tires did not even drop a fraction of an inch ...lol.

Rear end vibration is all but gone and the half shafts are happy again. I just don't look as testosterony as I did .. :happy175:

I love the OME ride quality on ****** roads!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm all good now ...but it cost me. If I could just get over my healthy fear of spring compressors it wouldn't have been such a pain in my a@@

Sitting at 22" all 'round. I had to have the coil overs dis-assembled and swapped the Frankenlift bottom "spacer"/ "spring holder" out for the stock hardware. If the springs ever decide to sag... I'll put them back in.

It was so bad (maxed) that when they lifted her up on the hoist the tires did not even drop a fraction of an inch ...lol.

Rear end vibration is all but gone and the half shafts are happy again. I just don't look as testosterony as I did .. :happy175:

I love the OME ride quality on ****** roads!
Sounds like you never got the springs broke in well.
Problem with the Frankys it takes a lot of twisting them up on some good trails to finally get everything settled in

What were you at before??