Just replaced my ac compressor clutch...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now it won't disengage even when off... The clutch just keeps spinning and spitting out cold air... Can I drive to work and home like this with the ac on low and troubleshoot the shims tomorrow? Or should I reinstall the shorter belt and bypass it in the meantime??

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now it won't disengage even when off... The clutch just keeps spinning and spitting out cold air... Can I drive to work and home like this with the ac on low and troubleshoot the shims tomorrow? Or should I reinstall the shorter belt and bypass it in the meantime??

Couldn't you just pull the plug on it?

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's definitely something to do with the shims and that fine clearance...

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went outside and added more
Shims until it "slightly" grabbed... Tightened her up... Put the belt back on... Started the jeep and voila no movement in the center... Turned on AC... Boom starts spinning... Turned it off.... Click it stopped ... YAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad it is now working and for future reference the KJ compressor clutch gap has to be set properly... 0.41-0.79mm.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad it is now working and for future reference the KJ compressor clutch gap has to be set properly... 0.41-0.79mm.

It was my fault for trying to do the job before I left for work... I was in a tiny bit of a rush lol.. Stepped outside at lunch... And corrected it :)