Just priced a new '09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unclejjg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking into 3 vehicles: '09 Grand Vitara, '08 Toyota 4Runner, and '09 Jeep Liberty. I know, I know....they aren't comparable vehicles. In terms of what I want, they are just about the only vehicles I'd consider (at least the only ones that I could afford to buy outright).

So, I got a price of $35,000 on a stacked V6 '08 4Runner. List is $41,000. Reasonable, but I'm not exactly comfortable cutting that check. Leather, Multi-mode 4WD, Nav, Speakers, etc, etc.

I've been having a hell of a time getting response from my local dealers on a Jeep. The only thing these clowns order around here is Command-Trac. I'm sure it is an awesome system, but my requirement is that I want a full-time system. Otherwise, I'd bite the bullet on gas and buy a Wrangler.

So I send an email to a dealer near my cabin, and they give me a price of $26,750 for an 09 Limited Liberty w/Leather, Navigation, Selec-Trac, Skid Plates, etc.

That is like $10,000 less than an '08 4Runner, and it is almost 5K under the identical vehicle built on Jeep's website. I'm thinking, "Holy Squirrel Nuts"!

Anyhow, I'm waiting for the '09 GV's to come out, but it seems like everytime I ask for an update its "10 days 'til delivery". Not for nothing, but if it was 10 days yesterday....isn't it 9 days today? Cripes.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think $26,750 should be about right.

In May of 2007, I paid $24k out the door for my well equipped (IMO) KJ. Factory equipment is listed in the signature.

They are hurting right now. If you like the KK, go in and beat them up a little bit. I am sure you could get it cheaper than the $26k figure, or at least get more with it.

Have you searched inventory yourself on Jeep's site? I walked in and asked for my specific KJ. The catcher was that I wanted these specific packages, which is a little rare to find. Select-trac was normally in limiteds, and to get the towing and off-road groups together didn't seem to be that common. Anyway, when I asked for this KJ, the dealer told me he wouldn't have anything like that, he'd remember a KJ with this equipment being on the lot (it was a large dealer). I gave him the window sticker that I printed from online and proved him wrong.

So, although I think the dealer should do the work, I recommend searching based on the criteria that you want and then having something in your hand when walking in. You may find exactly what you want - I did. I was debating whether to move into a KJ, but when I found the exact vehicle I wanted, even the color, I took that as a sign it was meant to be. I literally wanted nothing less and nothing more.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online