Just now getting in to Jeep liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello, I have an 07 KJ it runs 235/70/17 from the factory. Rims bolt right up to older models with 16"
Yes
All 02-07 KJs are the same bolt pattern just like all KKs are the same as the KJs as well
all stock are 7 inches wide 5 inches of backspacing

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
this is the kit im looking at ..

FRONT 2.5" & REAR Spacer 2.0" Leveling Lift Kit for 02-07 Jeep Liberty KJ

You must be registered for see images attach
Have a set of these in the shop I removed years ago for a guy, had them on less than two weeks when I did a full spring lift for him
Also have RROs, Daystar there, all for show and tell

Randal Davis

Reaction score
Have a set of these in the shop I removed years ago for a guy, had them on less than two weeks when I did a full spring lift for him
Also have RROs, Daystar there, all for show and tell
i guess its depending on what a guy wants to use. Im not a guy that can get a High price set of lifts .
I'm retired from the hog farming business with heart problems and other health issue`s . And a guy on a budget also SS does not pay alot a month.
so i have to go for the cheap way of things and even used parts ...

Would be nice to have you do a lift job plus some other things.
But that is not in my future , sorry to say...
wish it was . But one has to live with in his means with a family of 5 with the wife working a full time job ..
***** to say that my income a month only covers a couple bills, leaving very little left for myself to spend.

So cheap parts at low cost is the way i have to go .. again *****, i have to , but gotta go with what i can get ..

Glenn Dickson

Reaction score

I am looking to increase ground clearance a bit whether that is better springs, a lift, bigger tires etc. I joined this forum to gain information as I know NOTHING about the Liberty 2006 CRD and how to gain clearance. I have a lifted ZJ where I used a Rocky Road 4" kit and that is one crappy lift kit. I also looking for skid plate recommendations.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking to increase ground clearance a bit whether that is better springs, a lift, bigger tires etc. I joined this forum to gain information as I know NOTHING about the Liberty 2006 CRD and how to gain clearance. I have a lifted ZJ where I used a Rocky Road 4" kit and that is one crappy lift kit. I also looking for skid plate recommendations.
OME springs and either Bilstein or OME shocks , we can give correct numbers if really interested
also teraflex front bumpstops etc
Best way to go, with just the OME 927/948 springs will give you 2.5 inches of lift and their are tricks to get more height
And yes I agree on the RRO

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
i guess its depending on what a guy wants to use. Im not a guy that can get a High price set of lifts .
I'm retired from the hog farming business with heart problems and other health issue`s . And a guy on a budget also SS does not pay alot a month.
so i have to go for the cheap way of things and even used parts ...

Would be nice to have you do a lift job plus some other things.
But that is not in my future , sorry to say...
wish it was . But one has to live with in his means with a family of 5 with the wife working a full time job ..
***** to say that my income a month only covers a couple bills, leaving very little left for myself to spend.

So cheap parts at low cost is the way i have to go .. again *****, i have to , but gotta go with what i can get ..

My first lift on the 04 ( had just bought it ) was front springs one month, rear next month, shocks next etc
took a few months to get all parts that I needed, by the time I had all the parts 6 months had went by and almost 20,000 miles

I would not lift than to use parts that do not work well and will cost you more in the long run with worn out parts

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front limitation /pre problems/ is very straight forward and simple, the ifs will tolerate about 1.25" of added geometry before you start getting cascading issues like the uca hitting the springs etc. 1.25" of added geometry is enough for 2.5" of lift. Realistically, it needs to be lower than that to avoid stuff like having the tierods push the steering rack up off of its bushings. If any of the spacer lifts had limited their setup to 1" of added geometry , they'd have useful products for those looking for over 2.75" of lift. Asking the rack, the uca to spring clearance, and for stock replacement ucas, the upper balljoint angle, to suffer twice the max optimal geometry increase is simply just asking for problems. And if someone isn't willing to put their wallet on someone's dash when theyre asked for advice, their advice isn't worth much. If it's a vehicle that's going to be driven regularly and used, noone has ever regretted anything other than the initial pinch to the wallet of the cost of the coils. If you need to cut corners, youre far better off cutting corners on the rear suspension where as long as you bump stop for them, the rear suspension won't know the difference in operating with lift pucks vs a stock setup. Ome 2927 and a pair of rsx rancho or bilstein front shocks will make a very drastic improvement to the vehicles handling both on and offroad regardless of what you do with the rear. (2790 for crd or gassers with steel and winch)

Randal Davis

Reaction score
ok, i like the advice that has been coming across ...
Now, next anyone got links to the spring sets, ect ect ..
I looked up the EME springs but so far no price`s ..
my budget runs about 200 buck a month, sometime less than that ..
So PM links or please post up ...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME springs ( 927s ) about 180 now for TWO springs
boulderbars.com has them
shocks for front , one place is shockwarehouse Bilstein 24-139168 116 each
there is your front oh plus Teraflex bumpstops

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ yeah finding ome springs via Google shopping is pretty expedient, add a 2 to the coil part number , such as 2927 the 2 just denotes there's 2 , same for the rear, 2948 , there are other coil options from ome but in general there's 2 in common use for the front and typically most find 2948 suits them for the rear, if you were wanting only 1" could do 2926 or 2925 and 2947 but that's more for a improved stock replacement setup than a lift. For shocks can stick with Jeep liberty front shocks , for the rear usually suggest something like a bilstein 33-185859 or rancho rs55248 both match up to two pucks of rear bump stop added and 31s pretty nicely, the longer rear shock prevents harsh top out and negates the suspension travel loss from bump stopping for larger tires. Couple months of acquiring parts will have you set on suspension. Other than incidentals for 100,000 or so. The pucks for the rear bumpstop extensions, they're exactly what they sound like, hockey pucks

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front limitation /pre problems/ is very straight forward and simple, the ifs will tolerate about 1.25" of added geometry before you start getting cascading issues like the uca hitting the springs etc. 1.25" of added geometry is enough for 2.5" of lift. Realistically, it needs to be lower than that to avoid stuff like having the tierods push the steering rack up off of its bushings. If any of the spacer lifts had limited their setup to 1" of added geometry , they'd have useful products for those looking for over 2.75" of lift. Asking the rack, the uca to spring clearance, and for stock replacement ucas, the upper balljoint angle, to suffer twice the max optimal geometry increase is simply just asking for problems. And if someone isn't willing to put their wallet on someone's dash when theyre asked for advice, their advice isn't worth much. If it's a vehicle that's going to be driven regularly and used, noone has ever regretted anything other than the initial pinch to the wallet of the cost of the coils. If you need to cut corners, youre far better off cutting corners on the rear suspension where as long as you bump stop for them, the rear suspension won't know the difference in operating with lift pucks vs a stock setup. Ome 2927 and a pair of rsx rancho or bilstein front shocks will make a very drastic improvement to the vehicles handling both on and offroad regardless of what you do with the rear. (2790 for crd or gassers with steel and winch)

VERY GOOD INFORMATION!

Randal Davis

Reaction score
OK, i been going thru some parts and stuff for my Liberty build on the net ( ebay ) mainly ..

so far i am thinking of going with these Bilstein B8 8500 series shocks for the rear.

and i am also looking at some Skyjacker shocks as well ..

If someone has some links to sturts, please post it up for me .
Or comment the mod number for the fronts in the Bilstein B8 8500 sturts ..

Thank
you and Blessings

Randal Davis

Reaction score
OME springs and either Bilstein or OME shocks , we can give correct numbers if really interested
also teraflex front bumpstops etc
Best way to go, with just the OME 927/948 springs will give you 2.5 inches of lift and their are tricks to get more height
And yes I agree on the RRO

your winning me over to what you have posted in the way of advice ..
I been looking over parts and what nots ...
so thank you very much and many blessings ..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, i been going thru some parts and stuff for my Liberty build on the net ( ebay ) mainly ..

so far i am thinking of going with these Bilstein B8 8500 series shocks for the rear.

and i am also looking at some Skyjacker shocks as well ..

If someone has some links to sturts, please post it up for me .
Or comment the mod number for the fronts in the Bilstein B8 8500 sturts ..

Thank
you and Blessings

NO on the skyhacker shocks, much better ones out there

front SHOCKS are Bilstein 24-139168

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.