Just got on here, seems awesome but I have a question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben Paka

Reaction score
I love this site already. I have a question, I cant seem to find the correct length to the rear driveshaft on my 2005 Liberty Renegade. does anyone know the exact length? looking to get an after market one. thanks

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Searching a mopar online parts distributor with your vin# might help, but why not have yours rebuilt at a driveline shop? Or put some u joints in if needed and buy a Rattle can of you favorite color?

Ben Paka

Reaction score
It is super rusty and was sitting for years before I got it, so everything is full of flavor except for the frame surprisingly. Already replaced the whole front suspension, just didn’t know if the drive shaft was salvageable or not. Thank you for your help

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I love this site already. I have a question, I cant seem to find the correct length to the rear driveshaft on my 2005 Liberty Renegade. does anyone know the exact length? looking to get an after market one. thanks
Good luck on aftermarket. I agree with the others, better to rebuild the one you got. You wont like the prices for the turn key units much. Can rebuild for relatively little money.

Perhaps have a go at the Service Manual and Parts Fiche for your Lib?

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is super rusty and was sitting for years before I got it, so everything is full of flavor except for the frame surprisingly. Already replaced the whole front suspension, just didn’t know if the drive shaft was salvageable or not. Thank you for your help
I recently discovered some rust converter called corroseal I think. Turned the rusty frame of my Yukon into a dull black, and can be painted. Its available on Amazon.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a good driveline shop they can make you a new driveshaft
I have had some in my shop that were rusted a pitted but still doing what they should
I would use what duderz7 mentioned and call it good

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently discovered some rust converter called corroseal I think. Turned the rusty frame of my Yukon into a dull black, and can be painted. Its available on Amazon.
I've used ospho, and corroseal, both are great.

Corroseal seems to be thicker viscosity which I liked about it over the ospho, closer to milk/cream as opposed to water like ospho. I ran out of my corroseal and just have ospho, but plan to pick up more corroseal as both are handy in certain circumstances.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I've used ospho, and corroseal, both are great.

Corroseal seems to be thicker viscosity which I liked about it over the ospho, closer to milk/cream as opposed to water like ospho. I ran out of my corroseal and just have ospho, but plan to pick up more corroseal as both are handy in certain circumstances.
I’m a POR15 for major stuff. Rustoleum rust converter for small.

exacerbated

I think I made it worse.
Reaction score
At the risk of suggesting the obvious, do you have a junkyard or salvage yard nearby? Maybe you can find a unit just 2 new U-joints shy of fully serviceable?
I live in St. Paul, MN, and our yards invariably have several Liberties waiting to get their goodies yanked.

(We should all be so lucky.)

Latest posts

Members online