JKS Sway Bar Disconnect Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed JKS kit 2030 (original for a JK) onto my KJ. At stock height, the sway bars links are about the same length, and for both vehicles use 1/2 inch (12mm) hardware at both ends.

The install went pretty well, I used the longer pins with spacer on the bottom, and the shorter pins mounting directly on the sway bar.

The longer pins also require the use of a spacer/bushing that comes with the kit. Putting the bushing on the outside of the sway link seemed to give the best geometry.

Further updates will come as I drive it.

Next step is to figure out a method to hold the sway bar with the links removed.

Note: Incase anyone asks, I have a rubber sleeve (just cut fuel hose) to my longer brake line to prevent damage from rubbing on the clevis.

You must be registered for see images

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got to test the disconnects out today. With the sway bar disconnected, the Jeep can have one front wheel against the bump stop, while the other front wheel is at full droop.

65Corvair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bent a punch when installing the studs. I made a "tool" from a 3/4 inch nut if/when I need to remove the quick disconnect studs.
Its pretty simple to make, take a 3/4 inch nut drill out all the threads with a 3/4 drill. I used a step drill that had a max size of 3/4 inch.
Then drill two 3/16 holes for the linch pin to pass through. I drilled the 3/16 holes off to one side so I could still use the wrench flats on the nut to hold it in place while torqueing the nuts of the studs.

When re-installing the studs to the sway bar, I used grade 8 1/2-20 regular nuts to replace the stainless nuts that came with the kit.

Last edited:

AZExploder

Reaction score
What did you do with your swaybar? With the steering over, and the lower A arm under, i could not locate a good place to park it.