Jeep Stalling; Check engine Light on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those codes read straight off of my dash display ( got them by turning the key on/off 3 times ) and I interpreted their meanings via the link posted on the previous page. The car is running, I was forced to drive it this morning. It only acts up when I try to start it after it has been running for a while. For example, I drive to the bank ( 25 minutes away) let the car sit for 15 minutes while I'm inside, and then when I go out to leave, it acts up.

2003KJ

Reaction score
If you can get it to an autozone, have them pull the codes with a scanner. Just to make sure that they are the same codes.

campj0le

Reaction score
Got the jeep fixed at the dealer, and less than a week later, doing it again. Stalling and bucking from a start. This time the error code reads 122 TPS sensor low voltage (Throttle Position Sensor). We will see what is next. Time for another bill!

2003KJ

Reaction score
campj0le said:
Got the jeep fixed at the dealer, and less than a week later, doing it again. Stalling and bucking from a start. This time the error code reads 122 TPS sensor low voltage (Throttle Position Sensor). We will see what is next. Time for another bill!

That should be pretty simple to replace yourself. Bucking and stalling are some of the many symptoms of a bad TPS.

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the jeep is at the dealership now. Last night while driving home from work, it stalled out again while I was taking a turn and the power steering failed, which I wasn't expected, and sent me through a ditch at 45 mph. Luckily, no body damage was done. The jeep didn't stall for two weeks and the light went off, until last night, just boom, it stalled, and now my front end AND check engine light problems have to be addressed.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Let us know what you hear...

Just realized you live in Apex....i'm about an hour and a half west of you....

I used to go out to Cary all the time to visit some friends who lived out there...

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
350 dollars later its back out of the shop.... but not fixed. I had the front end alligned and they replaced the cam shaft position sensor. When I left the dealership, I immediatly noticed a pull to the left; it is clearly not alligned. Also, as I pulled into the parking lot at work this morning, ding, check engine light came back on... I'll be damned if I'm paying for them to re-do the 'job' they just did...

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read no code at autozone, and it once they reset it stayed off, problem solved for now!

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt your dealer even do a road test after doing work? I got an alignment a couple months ago and i watched them take it out and test drive it afterwards.

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. I will never be back at this dealership to get service done, I'll take our 4 cars elsewhere.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.