Jeep "Racism"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to ban someone! =D> We just need some JU XJ thug showing up... then he is all mine!

JU has some good questions come up, as it seems to attack new KJ owners, or those interested. Some of the Mods do seem to actually own a KJ along with whatever other Jeep that they also own.

With the name calling that goes on, that's the first response of someone that has lost the argument. :-#

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
With the name calling that goes on, that's the first response of someone that has lost the argument. :-#

HAH... name calling... when all else fails, call the person names. That way everyone is sure to know your shoe size is greater than your IQ.

Ahhh.. childhood... the good ol' comebacks

... I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

... I know you are, but what am I? (repeated ad-nauseum... even when the other name-caller has ceased, you must still say it at least 20 more times)

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new here and I have to say, this is by far the most welcoming KJ community I've found. I got so unnerved by the JU forums that I didn't even bother joining over there, as someone else has already mentioned, too. L.O.S.T. is great, too, but I agree with the software issues. Even some of my friends who have owned YJs and TJs have harrassed me a bit about my decision to buy a KJ, especially my boyfriend's pro-Wrangler family! (Even though his mom owns a KJ...go figure...lol.) I'm planning on heading to my Jeep dealership within the next month (wanna save up a bit more for a cushy down payment and still get those nice incentives...hehe) to start the ordering process. Can't seem to find a KJ Renny D-package with a 6M ******, sunroof, and no light bar anywhere near here. But I do want to say a big thank you to everyone who posts out here. I've found so much great information reading all the posts here the past few weeks. You've helped add one more KJ enthusiast and soon to be owner to the ranks. Thanks!

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as someone who did a lot of research the last few years before recently buying a KJ i got great info from both JU and from jeepkj.com, and i still check the forums on both. they're different, and agree more supportive here, this seems more like a small town but it's a big city over there. if you stick to the liberty and DC forums at JU then expect few issues. like many jeep owners my KJ is not my first jeep, follows a 92 cherokee, so i take the different jeep factions with a grain of salt. i chose the vehicle that best suited my (our) current and future needs, and everybody else should do the same and then help each other have the best user/owner experience they can

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
this place is proving to be a nice middle ground....

I really like that. That was my vision of what I was wanting the forum to be. All "good" forums I think are like this.

Bennett

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at most of the basher they seem to be web wheelers, you can just tell by their comments. Their mods usually include tow hooks and a budge boost. I've learned to just ignore them. No point in try to argue, because they are really just trying to get a rise and they frequently making contradicting statements.

I actually met one of those bashers out on the trail. I was driving my CJ at the time. He had a nice WJ that I commented on how nice it was. He had about a 2" lift and 31" tires. I asked him if he was going to go larger. He said no because its still the family wagon and if he wanted to do some ******** rock crawling he would just get an older TJ, YJ or CJ. He said it will handle most trails that don't involve climbing 3 foot ledges and makes a great family car. Great for taking the family on a nice scenic trail in the outdoors. I agreed, then somehow the KJ and WK got brought up in the conversation. He started talking about how they are just all wheel drive mini-vans now and how they have IFS, yada yada yada. I just walked away.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Eddo said:
I actually met one of those bashers out on the trail. I was driving my CJ at the time. He had a nice WJ that I commented on how nice it was. He had about a 2" lift and 31" tires. I asked him if he was going to go larger. He said no because its still the family wagon and if he wanted to do some ******** rock crawling he would just get an older TJ, YJ or CJ. He said it will handle most trails that don't involve climbing 3 foot ledges and makes a great family car. Great for taking the family on a nice scenic trail in the outdoors. I agreed, then somehow the KJ and WK got brought up in the conversation. He started talking about how they are just all wheel drive mini-vans now and how they have IFS, yada yada yada. I just walked away.

You know, I was really hoping that those "bashers" were like that only behind a keyboard. I see they are the same in real life. Sad. [-X :-s

Hopefully they're not ALL like that.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
You know, I was really hoping that those "bashers" were like that only behind a keyboard. I see they are the same in real life. Sad. [-X :-s

Hopefully they're not ALL like that.

Well there have been a couple I have ran into on the trail. But it seems it only comes from people with limited knowledge and experience. The ironic thing is most of them don't really do any more wheeling than they could in a KJ. The people that do some harder rockcrawling where a KJ wouldn't work don't seem to be bother by the KJ, WK at all. They actually like them.

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be good for all of us to hop on there all at once and flood the place with KJ info and questions. Just overwhelm them for 1 week. Let the silent minority be heard loudly! A revolution!

Of course this means planning (day and time to start it). A coordinated blitz of KJ questions, comments, AND PICTURES!

If everyone keeps running from the website (JU) because of the bashing, isn't that just letting them win and us giving up? You'll have to sing "I'm a loser, baby, so why don'tcha kill me" over and over.