Jeep "Racism"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i need to vent a little here...

I'm on three Jeep forums (like this one the best btw!) and I see alot of folks with other Jeep models bashing on the Liberty or for that matter other Liberty owners bashing soccer moms or grocery getters. Mind you some people are just poking at that and it's not a big deal but someone got under my skin yesterday so I thought I'd vent. :-s

First off, a Jeep is a Jeep. They are all quality vehicles. They are built like tanks and do what they were designed for very well. Now I know that every time a new Jeep model is released it gets some bashing :^o from other Jeep models and that is ok but to go on to a forum for that other model and reply to 5 or 6 posts with "they are junk buy this", well that is just crossing the line IMHO. That should stay in the forum for the other models. They can joke and poke all they want but most folks come to their model forum for help and that is not help. [-(

Second is the driver or usage classification. I posted somewhere else here about the same thing but I'll restate it here with my rant since I'm on the soap box already. Soccer moms, grocery getters, etc are very much a *required* owner of any model. Sales drive everything in the auto business. With a popular vehicle like the Libby getting lots of sales from all the non off-road type, well that makes it a long haul investment for Jeep (or any other company!) and they will put in the R&D and a bigger aftermarket will develop. Also consider these rides (the soccer moms, etc) are not driven as harsh and find end of life much quicker which then provides a source of used parts we all want and need! For those of you that think the Jeep brand could not go under because of it's history, go ask Plymouth, Oldsmobile, or many others what the real answer to that is.

Sooo bottom line, we should be nice to *all* the Jeep owners and drivers out there! They are our lifeblood! \:D/

whew, ok I'm done now... [-o<

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
JU has a lot of those....it's funny how adults act sometimes...for shame...
it's good to know that there are places such as this that only cater to the specific model.....

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I haven't been to JU for months because of the bashing....I got really tired of that ](*,)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JU has some serious crazy nuts (especially in the eDodgeball forum!). But, I do visit the "Liberty" side still and in my signature it says, "Visit JeepKJ.com"! Ha! JU was the first site that I visited when I spent four hours reading about the KJ before I bought mine. I recall someone saying that JU kept chasing out Liberty owners. Sad, but obviously they haven't won.

What I posted one time there that I never got a response to, as I have heard, Dodge is going to have it's own version of the KJ down the road. Would the "real" Jeepers prefer that we all bought a Dodge brand rather then a Jeep? We add to the sales numbers of Jeep that keeps the brand name around. Frankly my father-in-law is an old Dodge guy and would be pleased for me to buy Dodge over any other brand.

It is refreshing to have this forum and a big thank you to Bennett for all of his time (and expense).
:wav:

JAT

Reaction score
I actually found this forum through your JU sig Grogiefrog! As a new Liberty owner, I really appreciate the willingness of posters here to share info and not just skip over questions that may seem obvious to experienced owners. =D>

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fo shizzle

SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
JU has a lot of those....it's funny how adults act sometimes...for shame....

I have a feeling that most of the JU-OT folks are NOT adults. They may be legally of age but not mature, especially on OT. A lot of them talk about still being in shcool too, fwiw. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it probably means that they have nothing better to do than troll JU forums while they are between classes.

This is the best KJ forum out there (thanks to mr.b =D> ) because it is easy to use, informative and people are helpful and seem respectful of others' rides... IMHO that's the real meaning of "it's a jeep thing". :beerchug:

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Re: fo shizzle

This is the best KJ forum out there (thanks to mr.b =D> ) :beerchug:

No, thank you guys! for making it what it is!!!!!1 :beerchug:

When I bought my liberty it was pretty much the first month they landed on the lot. I remember before buying the vehicle I asked around on some forums, and got nothing but bashing, saying don't buy it... blah blah...

Anyways I loved the looks of the Jeep and saw the car and driver special on it (I have this whole show on quicktime- it was totally dedicated to the liberty) and had to buy it after watching it a couple times. Originally before I saw the liberty I was going to get another Jeep Wrangler Sahara, since my YJ wrangler was getting a little dated-plus the leaf springs on all 4 corners really sucked!

Ever since I have posted at JU, there have been a lot of things on that board that have left bad tastes in my mouth. So I pretty much just started this site, LOST is great board, but the software there seriously aggravates me a little too much.

Anywho you won't won't Jeep racisim here =D>

Cheers :beerchug:,
Bennett

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: fo shizzle

jackie said:
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
JU has a lot of those....it's funny how adults act sometimes...for shame....

I have a feeling that most of the JU-OT folks are NOT adults. They may be legally of age but not mature, especially on OT. A lot of them talk about still being in shcool too, fwiw. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it probably means that they have nothing better to do than troll JU forums while they are between classes.

This is the best KJ forum out there (thanks to mr.b =D> ) because it is easy to use, informative and people are helpful and seem respectful of others' rides... IMHO that's the real meaning of "it's a jeep thing". :beerchug:

back in the day when i use to mod this pc related forum, we got alot of 'kids' arguing what was best, and so on and so forth...which cpu was fastest, vid card better etc.... funny thing was it kept recycling, and over time it got really tiring, and yet they still do it. At about the same time, i started perusing JU, and lo and behold, it seems like those same 'kids' where there too, cept the subject was now jeeps. It's funny how they flame the KJ and it's owners. back then, I wanted to post up and defend it, and I did at times, but as with the other forums, it proved useless. of course these so called "jeepers" came and went, but dammit, a few of them still appear here and there. it's funny really how the lot of them really just talk out of their rear ends....if they seriously stopped and looked...reality will hit them pretty hard i bet....i mean seriously...how many SUV owners....actually use their SUV's for their intended purpose?
To be honest, I hardly see any modded Jeeps out there. One out of 30.....
so, to bash the KJ cuz it's for 'soccer moms" or "mall crawlers" is totally idiotic. Go to any parking lot, you'll see equally as many TJ's, WJ's and ZJ's....

I only ventured into JU's OT a few times...with my handle bearing Lib..i'm pretty sure im gonna get flamed..so I never bothered....

JU is still good place for info. Tho it is true, some posts do go unanswered or overlooked, so n00bs dont feel as welcome....

LOST is a good place too, but as bennet said, the forum software is really just...... :-s

Thanks to Bennet for putting it together....and of course to the rest of us for filling this place with content...

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The JU guys bash the KJ mainly on the grounds that it has IFS. They are going to end up hating all Jeeps soon I reckon because the WK now has IFS. Jeep will probably only do the Wrangler with a SFA from now on, so are the KJ bashers really Jeep fans? probably NOT!

American Expedition Vehicles seem to think that the WK is potentially about the most capable Jeep (after a few mods)

http://www.aev-conversions.com/

http://www.aev-conversions.com/Vehicle_WJ.html

Anyway, I love Jeeps. They are the original and best. I especially think that the KJ is a great compromise between on and off road capability \:D/

Ian

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JAT said:
I actually found this forum through your JU sig Grogiefrog! As a new Liberty owner, I really appreciate the willingness of posters here to share info and not just skip over questions that may seem obvious to experienced owners. =D>

Cool JAT! =D>

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kj lad said:
The JU guys bash the KJ mainly on the grounds that it has IFS. They are going to end up hating all Jeeps soon I reckon because the WK now has IFS. Jeep will probably only do the Wrangler with a SFA from now on, so are the KJ bashers really Jeep fans? probably NOT!

The Dec. '04 issue of Cigar Aficionado has a write up on the new Land Rover. They talk about other vehicles in it's class, including the WK. They bring up that manufactures are going to have more "cross over" vehicles (or soft-riders). If the "jeepers" think that the KJ is not a Jeep, just wait around. They quote Trevor Creed, Chrysler Group's design director as saying that Jeep will be adding a crossover to it's lineup "within the next couple years". I am not sure if that is the three-row Commander that I have heard about?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
so i was in JU today..checkin stuff out..as usual...some dudes started saying stupid crap....again.....

you should sell your plymouth liberty and get a rav 4. the light bulbs are cheaper.

isn't there a pep boys nearby?

whoever does own that P O S should drive it into a brick wall

(Aeh)

cant even post a simple question w/o the trolls comin' out and about....

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
so i was in JU today..checkin stuff out..as usual...some dudes started saying stupid crap....again.....

you should sell your plymouth liberty and get a rav 4. the light bulbs are cheaper.

isn't there a pep boys nearby?

whoever does own that P O S should drive it into a brick wall

(Aeh)

cant even post a simple question w/o the trolls comin' out and about....

That is why I don't go there much anymore, I don't need that ](*,)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They guy is a jerk. Probably as Jackie said, he's just a punk kid. I'm sure that he kicks puppies and is no doubt a real stud. Not! [-X

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
They guy is a jerk. Probably as Jackie said, he's just a punk kid. I'm sure that he kicks puppies and is no doubt a real stud. Not! [-X

lol, couldn't have said it better myself \:D/

2003KJ

Reaction score
Thats why I haven't registered over there....at all. I did some reading in the archives a long time ago and noticed the Liberty......wasn't welcome over there....so put it nicely.

So here's my opinion. The site is called Jeeps Unlimited. Covering all kinds of Jeeps. From CJ's to XJ's and everything in between. They (the moderators) made an attempt to let the KJ crowd in, but it's the stubborn XJ's owners who can't get it through their head that the KJ is just as much a Jeep as theirs, and actually rides better on the road (believe me, I know). And if they moderators are too lazy to attempt to put a stop to the unnecessary harassment, they are going to continue to loose future users. Lets face it, there are a shit load of KJ's out there. And there's sites like this one where just KJ'ers can come to get advice and show off their awesome rides, with out getting harrassed (with the exception of poking a little fun here and there).

So what's my point your asking? My point is, we don't need sites like JU. If they can't handle it, fine, they don't have to. We'll just come to places like this (which are FAR better IMO) when we need help. I have a couple people who have been asking me for sites on the net about the KJ, cause they want to know more about their Jeep. I have not, and will not, recommend JU to anybody. So due to a few immature brats, and the moderators not doing their job, JU will be using alot of people that could bennifit that site in a HUGE way.

Now don't get me wrong, there are a few on there who have given the Liberty the respect it deserves, and I feel bad for them cause they're probably catching hell from all the buddies.

ok, i'm off the box...LOL

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
mods can only do so much. and in that place, they only have a handful..so the ratio is totally lopsided...They do step in if it does get out of hand, but snide comments like that usually get's overlooked. (unless someone complains). It was a pain reading all the new posts especially in a place where the member base is in the thousands, and hundreds of new posts appear on a daily basis. That PC forum i modded for...after a while, u just tend to over see things, since it's really hard to follow everything, The regulars that actually dont flame usually contacts a mod, and then thats when we step in...as always OT was a big hot spot....

Hopefully over here, we wont need to flex our mod-ness too much outside of moving posts to their respective areas.

Latest posts