Jeep Newbie!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepgirl902

Reaction score
:) Hey guys I'm kinda new to the KJ world and was just looking for a cool place to talk about KJS and learn more about 'em!

by the way this is my jeep. its not a renegade, I know, but i bought it used and the guy before me put the decal. im thinking about getting a light bar to make it look more like the real renegade.. if someone could estimate the specs on it that'd be great because it helps me learn more about it :)
You must be registered for see images attach

oh yeah i just remembered. I have a sticker on my jeepy that has "jeep kj country.com" sound familiar??!?

Last edited:

jeepgirl902

Reaction score
thanks. I know its a 2005 Sport but I wanted to know about the lift, tires, bumper etc..would the dealership be able to tell me that?

Reaction score
tire brand and size should be on the tire. some springs and struts have company names on them and the bumper is a toss up. idk about those

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you buy it from a dealer. If you got it from the prior owner, I guess you would have asked him. My dumb question I guess. Maybe someone will recognize it?? Did you check over on "L. O. S. T. KJ's" website??

Dave

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires are BFG All-Terrian T/A KO pretty average but watch out for pokey (tree limbs, stumps, etc.) stuff as they are not as durable as they should be. The lift looks like a standard 2.5" lift, hard to tell which kind though. Try to get pictures of the front and rear shocks, struts, and springs if possible. Someone will be able to tell. The bumper is an ARB bumper and can accommodate a winch if it's not there already. It also looks like the CB antenna is mounted in the same way mine is, which is pretty rare to see. Post some more pictures and someone might give you more info on it.

jeepgirl902

Reaction score
thanks alot. I think I saw all this information before, on the description of it on autotrader. I had the previous owner's email adress but lost it..oh and a random question sorry for the irrelevance but I was looking at the "jeeps in water" pics and i was wondering if its bad to take your jeep into water? it seems like it'd be really bad but what do i know..

Last edited:

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bumper looks like an ARB bumper.

Started looking at the picture after I started typing, looks like Midnight took care of you!

Reaction score
ok well noones posted selling an 05 sport. idk ill be up all night anyway so ill look through some pixx and see if i find anything

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks alot. I think I saw all this information before, on the description of it on autotrader. I had the previous owner's email adress but lost it..oh and a random question sorry for the irrelevance but I was looking at the "jeeps in water" pics and i was wondering if its bad to take your jeep into water? it seems like it'd be really bad but what do i know..

You can go into standing water up to 20 inches deep. This is according to Jeep. Since you are lifted probably a bit higher. If you are close to the upper limit then go slowly.

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome nice kj. i was wonder what part of texas are you from im in San Antonio

jeepgirl902

Reaction score
I see from your sig that you found out what you have now. Any plans for more additions. Lockers, lights (in addition to the light bar), winch, etc.?

no..not any time soon. I can't afford any of that right now. If the bank of mom and dad feel generous enough, then I'm definitely getting a stereo with aux/usb input next..