Jeep Liberty and Jeep Enthusiasts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
=D>

Great find. I really agreed with this article. I have had much scrutiny over buying my Liberty...in the beginning. Now that I have had it, slightly modified its suspension/wheels, and added some nice looks, I only get praise.

I was commended in 2004's Camp Jeep in Virginia. I took the Liberty on a 4x4 trail run, fully stock. All other vehicles where lifted cherokee's, Wranglers, and I was right behind the trail lead in a fully modified CJ. I never once got stuck, nor did the Liberty fail.

Today, we salute you...Jeep Liberty!

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
great article....

i like this line...here

Chrysler has enough models to fill that role. Chrysler is in business to sell cars, and sell cars by covering several markets.

the reason I picked that out..out of the other great sayings in that article...
well..some of use in here arent too particular on the upcoming Dodge Nitro...
or even the Caliber based Jeeps...

not 100% sure about it myself..but...we sure dont want this to start happening to dcx..

Ford is learning the hard way that if you don't diversify your product line, you set yourself up to lose money-- and in Ford's case, a lot of money

but..yeah, i remember heated threads over at this other forum that shall remane nameless.....
the biggest naysayers sure did have ********* rigs......but like it said on the article....it was far from the vehicle they drove off the dealer...
some had parts that were from that other company thats learning the harder lesson.....

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in WWII Wiley's experimented with the independent suspension, & most of the results were positive. Off road handling was better than the solid axles. The problem that killed the independent suspension was basically the newness of the technology.

They had not come up with the system that holds the wheel perpendicular to the ground when the wheel was lifted off of the ground. So when the GIs were flying over the terrain in their Jeeps, & the tires left the ground, when the wheels came back to earth, they landed on the sidewalls. This is not a good situation, as it caused the jeeps to flip upon landing, usually causing great harm to the occupants! 60+ years of technological advancement has solved this problem.

The problem with the liberty's IFS isn't independent suspension, per se; The problem is the IFS that mopar designed!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I thought Ford was the one who designed the independent suspension? I'm about 95% sure it was Ford... (who also built the military 'Jeep')

Ford M151... it was also the 'Jeep' with the horizontal grille.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
I thought Ford was the one who designed the independent suspension? I'm about 95% sure it was Ford... (who also built the military 'Jeep')

Ford M151... it was also the 'Jeep' with the horizontal grille.
'

Ford didnt make the first jeep, they helped meet the demand for the army. Willys made the first jeep.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know who invented Independent suspension, I was just saying the Jeep had used independent suspension when the technology was in its early stages.

ripple

Reaction score
Good read, some people fear what they don't understand.

I might have considered a wrangler instead of a libby, used or new. but I was warned, buy many people, that they have few creature comforts, are rough riding and get poor mileage. they might be better off-road when all modded up, but I just needed to get to work, and it snows alot where I live.

I keep mine is full-time all the time. and I try to get into 4Low a few times a month.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good article... thanks for the post. Yeah, the Liberty is a Jeep! No one can seriously compare it to an Escape, or someother small SUV in it's class. It tops them all. \:D/

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the day of or the day after you posted that link thx that i saw this:

You must be registered for see images

I was driving down the road it passed me and so i pulled out the camera w/ the 70-200mm zoom on it and fired away. Prettymuch starting out as a metal bucket with a seat.

Now that I think about what Jeep means to me or what a Jeep is to me it's more like somthing that is ready to get off the pavement right out of the box and is made for fun and going anywhere. It's tought and ready for mods if you want.