Jeep Liberty 2010 Camshaft sensor issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atenjora

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have a Jeep Liberty 2010 it is only 69K miles and I have been having issues with the Camshaft sensor. The first time the "engine" light came on I took it to the shop and they replaced the Camshaft sensor, after 2 months the light came on again and same sensor was replaced. The shop said they replaced it with the original one (from the dealer), after 6 months or so the engine light came on again and after scanning the same error code came on again "Camshaft sensor"

My questions are:
Is there something else that could be damaging this sensor?

Do any of you know if this is something common on this Jeep at that millage?

A friend of mine told me that it could be the spark plugs that needed to be replaced? is that true?

Has anyone had a similar issue with this camshaft sensor? If so, what did you do?

I'm getting tired of this issue to the point that I have thought about selling my Jeep... but other than that Camshaft sensor issue the Jeep is running Great!

Appreciate your feedback

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Elementary question but are they replacing the right camshaft sensor? I would at least have the shop replace with one more Mopar sensor. You might have gotten a dud.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah. with p340 code, I also initially just changed the CPS only and I thought it fixed the issue. similar to your issue except my problem came back within a week. I had it diagnosed by a shop since I thought the code indicated an issue with the CPS only, turns out the CKP needed to be replaced as well.

I'd say change the crankshaft position sensor as well.

flytonehundred

Reaction score
When you replace the camshaft sensor you also need to have a camshaft sensor relearn procedure preformed.
I have not seen that as a requirement with the KJ, and can't find any mention of it in the service manual. Might you be thinking of another model?