Jeep KK Liberty 2011 Best solution for fitting a basket/cage to roof to hold fuel/wat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozzy Powers

Reaction score
Hi there, trying to find the best solution for fitting a basket/cage to roof to hold fuel/water cans and spare tire safely for a trip around Australia - I'm worried about the Strenght of the side roof rails on the Jeep KK Cherokee 2011 as I think there plastic and I want to hold a cage on top with Jerry cans and tyres for a trip around Australia.

Does any body know of a system that bolts straight onto the screws which hold the factory side rail on the once you tack them off. Any other solutions greatly appreciated.
Regards Ozzy

Last edited:

CGrant

Reaction score
Ozzy,
Welcome to the forum. Personally, I can recommend Rocky Road Outfitters roof rail and rack system. If you search around you will find complaints about their QA and customer service. In contrast, I have had excellent experience with them (N=1). I did not go with their Safari system but I did install the roof rails and cross bars and am pleased with their quality. This is a strongrack. See my comments in "Cross Bar Options" below.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Chris

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my own crossbars using galvanized pipes and u-bolts. I've had a lot of weight up on the roof without a problem. Here are some pics of my setup.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online