Roof Rails for a 2012 KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jake Bragg

Reaction score
Hello!

first post, so apologies if I haven’t found an appropriate thread before posting this. I need to source some roof rails for my wife’s 2012 Liberty in order to mount some crossbars and a tent.

1. Anyone know of somewhere to buy new OEM rails? I found some online (justforjeeps I think?), but at around $250, I’d like to attempt to find something a little less expensive.

2. does anyone know if the rails for a KK are interchangeable with the KJ/Dodge Nitro? Figured I could expand my search a little bit I haven’t yet found out if they’re all actually the same or not.

thanks a bunch in advance!!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are not interchangeable with the Nitro. But I bet you could find what you need for a whole lot less than $250 at your local junkyard. You can search junkyard parts nationwide using http://www.car-part.com. Any Liberty 2008-2012 will be interchangeable.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been informed that the big problem with car-part.com is that when you call, the part is gone.

This is also a problem with certain parts at a junkyard. You cannot call to find parts at a junkyard.

They just throw the car out there and you then have to scavenge your parts.

And the parts most needed are scavenged within a day or two.

However I suspect roof rails are a low desire item for most. So if you got online info on a 2008 to 2012 KK in the junkyard, recently arrived, get down there, and you may well be able to scavenge them off the carcass, even if it was wrecked. As the top probably won't be wrecked.
dc

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind the looks, then some of the universal ones will fit fine. Amazon - 50 bucks or so.