Jeep KK 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but in this day and age there going to tell you to f*ck off,they don't want the hassle if something goes wrong.If they will the price tag will be more then you want to pay,heck for 99% of you anything more then free is being ripped off in your minds.

So basically if they can not,do not,or don't care there not going to do it for any amount of $$$$,and unless you open your own dealership there is no way to get access to the programs you need.

so basically...money talks

and just because I'm young they are gonna tell me to f#uck off???

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may not work when they send it back,it will not work if you have the OEM alarm they may not touch it with 2 different VIN #'s,one that is already programmed and the one you give them.

I didn't know this things had oem alarms, I only have keyless entry, but I see what you are trying to say.

o btw o talk to a friend about this, he owns a mecanic shop, pretty good size shop, kind of like a firestone, and he was in a hurry, dude is always busy, but he said his into buying a "flasher" within a month he said that might do it since it has dealer softwears or something like that, he said, don't worry worst case, will take it to a jeep dealer, I know somebody that would do it for me.

so...I don't know, hopefully later on when I am ready it would be possible

Last edited:

S1Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal take, short of buying a 4x4. Then find/buy a insurance wreck and have all the goodies to xfer over. There are gonna be parts needed that no one will think about till ya need them. That way you can swap all the computers over. Just make sure you keep the vin from the donor handy. The next owner is gonna need it!

S1Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know my '06 had an alarm in it when I bought it. I only noticed it one night at work. The little red flashing light was a flashin its little heart out.

Diggerfreek

Reaction score
Just because you have the ability yo flash a PCM/TCM does not mean that you will be able to flash in the 4x4 file. There are different levels of "security" that jeep has encoded in to the files that only allow certain perimeters of the flash files be changed. A perfect example is tire size. Jeep has give the dealers 4 or 5 options for tire sizes on the KK. If you do not have one of those sizes, you are SOL. Only the factory can change the presets. Just because one thing may work on a KJ doesn't mean it will work for a KK.

On a positive note, you do not need new hubs............

benny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way too much trouble. You will run into so many headaches that you will wish you didn't even think of doing it.
If you are making payments on it, I think you may get in over your head and end up with a messed up libby, no warranty coverage and a lot of payments to make.
Now if it's paid for and you have money and time to burn, I will be curious to see how it works out for you. If it's not paid for and you don't have money and time to burn, I think you need to trade it for what you want.
My .02

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Way too much trouble. You will run into so many headaches that you will wish you didn't even think of doing it.
If you are making payments on it, I think you may get in over your head and end up with a messed up libby, no warranty coverage and a lot of payments to make.
Now if it's paid for and you have money and time to burn, I will be curious to see how it works out for you. If it's not paid for and you don't have money and time to burn, I think you need to trade it for what you want.
My .02

well said!