Jeep KJ rear aux power change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone Remeber if there is an alternate position for fuse 16 to make the rewr aux power only go on with the engine? Currently it's powered always, id like tp change it if possible. I know for some Cherokee there's two fuse positions to change this setting, couldn't find info on KJ for it but i recall aome talk about it that i couldn't find again. Anyone have info?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure anyone recalls...

Worst case, just move the output wire for that circuit from the back of the fuse block to a different, unused fuse position that is on switched 12v. You could also mod it so that the rear aux outlet only gets its power from that same switched 12v source; disconnect the always on 12v feed wire to the existing fuse spot.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure anyone recalls...

Worst case, just move the output wire for that circuit from the back of the fuse block to a different, unused fuse position that is on switched 12v. You could also mod it so that the rear aux outlet only gets its power from that same switched 12v source; disconnect the always on 12v feed wire to the existing fuse spot.
I know rewiring the socket is an option :p, was hoping we had a similar swap slot as the Cherokees somewhere :(

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know that we do. But I think switching the 12v feed wire to the existing fuse spot would be easier than rewiring the actual outlet.

Bottleman

Reaction score
First Time user of this sight. Does anyone know why after dash lights don't work? Just purchased a 2005 Liberty and It has no instrument or dome lights when you open the door.It has had a different radio put in it and i have been trying to figure this problem out.All fuses and relays are ok

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Time user of this sight. Does anyone know why after dash lights don't work? Just purchased a 2005 Liberty and It has no instrument or dome lights when you open the door.It has had a different radio put in it and i have been trying to figure this problem out.All fuses and relays are ok

Well, welcome first of all. Second, what you've done here is called hijacking a thread. This thread is about changing the rear power outlet from a constant 12v source to a switched 12v. It is in no way related to your issue. It's considered bad form to hijack a thread like this.

That being said, you'll get more views, and even a possible answer if you create your own, new thread specifically about your problem in the General section. It may apply to the Electronics section if the issue is for sure related to the radio you have installed that is not OE.

You likely have an issue with the BCM (body control module). Whomever installed your non-factory radio probably messed this up. Others will probably have more specific diagnostic steps you can take to confirm this or test for other possibilities.