Jeep Brothers I'm Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i been gone a while. Baby kept me busy got married. Life has been crazy. You all may or may not remember i was having ****** problems. The type of ****** problems you have with your jeep not people. It hasnt gotten worse and almost seens better. I was debating selling her off and getting a newer to me jeep. Things happen and in my budget it wasnt happening. So i busted the recline lever on my driver seat any suggestions. I want to get my suspension overhauled she is kinda bouncy and every bump or pot hole kills. So i have a tight budget. From what i remember ome is the way to go but ironman was a bit cheaper but i cant find them anywhere. So is ironman still available? Whats a cheaper way to do ome mix in some bilstein shocks with ome springs?

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were gone? I didn't notice! :happy175:
Just kidding, good to see you back here. Congrats on the baby, condolences on getting married, lol
About a month ago, I snapped off my recline lever too. Metal shaft sheared clean off, guess my ars was putting too much weight on the lever while sliding outta the seat. Seat back is now in a fixed position, luckily there's no need for me to move it.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not worrying about the trans my lil brother met a guy that will drop in a used one with a three year warranty for next to nothin. I am focused on everything else squeaks and bounces. My list for the weekend is clean the throttle body brakes and oil change. Past that focus on suspension ball joints spring and shocks. What do bad ball joints look like gone cracked mangled. Mine are there but probably old.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were gone? I didn't notice! :happy175:
Just kidding, good to see you back here. Congrats on the baby, condolences on getting married, lol
About a month ago, I snapped off my recline lever too. Metal shaft sheared clean off, guess my ars was putting too much weight on the lever while sliding outta the seat. Seat back is now in a fixed position, luckily there's no need for me to move it.
Same thing the lever with some metal shaft came off. No idea why i do adjust my seat a bit. I have a long commute. I am also pretty thin so i dont think shear weight had anything to do with your cactus.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to see your still kickin around. How have you been? Ever put those hooks to good use?

Not quite yet but I have a few thoughts on it. doing a little research.
I have some aux. reverse lights and ****** skid plate on my immediate plans.

Hope the fam is all healthy! best wishes!

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite yet but I have a few thoughts on it. doing a little research.
I have some aux. reverse lights and ****** skid plate on my immediate plans.

Hope the fam is all healthy! best wishes!

Wall hangers thats what i did with a couple look pretty cool hangin on the garage. Everyone is great baby is 15 months now and starting to walk. Wife is still fighting with her diabetes wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. She been doin it a long time but it takes a toll on ya. Hope tour family is well.

Nice i am guessing you got your ac and e fan straightened out. Whatcha thinkin led reverse lights on a switch.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my girl now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Jbergun. Congratulations on your new child and married life.

Thanks borincano nice to be back. Married life thats another story. Kidding guys. We been living together for 6 years now so being married is no bfg. Having a child was the big one.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wall hangers thats what i did with a couple look pretty cool hangin on the garage. Everyone is great baby is 15 months now and starting to walk. Wife is still fighting with her diabetes wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. She been doin it a long time but it takes a toll on ya. Hope tour family is well.

Nice i am guessing you got your ac and e fan straightened out. Whatcha thinkin led reverse lights on a switch.

Thanks.
my e-fan issue came back not long ago. still keeping my eye on it.
A/C seems fine. Still doesn't cool well when jeep is idle.

I'm going to put LED flood lights on some brackets who mason from ironforge sells. It is installed with the roof rack mounts. I'll also be getting a hitch brake light.
All of it will be wired to the trailer wiring. Trying to figure out a way to have this hitch light as a brake light normally and also a fog light when needed.

got to figure out some spots on the body of the jeep on the other side of the D pillar. the jeep was vandalized a while ago when my wife first had the jeep. she never bothered to get the body work done. fortunately it's AZ so it's just surface rust on the body.

Last edited:

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice you will be all lit up. I want to get more interior lights going for the back seat. Shouldnt be too hard figure i can daisy off the rear dome. Havnt put much thought into that yet wife will be upset if i start spending my budget on stuff that isnt neccesary. I want to make the ride better and safer first. Then i can do little things i want.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually did the same thing on my passenger seat. Luckily I went to a junk yard that allows you to pull any part and the whole lever shaft is an assembly. Very hard to get a socket and wrench behind the seat cover but it's doable. Two 10mm bolts on the side and I think 2 on the bottom of the seat. Glad you're back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice you will be all lit up. I want to get more interior lights going for the back seat. Shouldnt be too hard figure i can daisy off the rear dome. Havnt put much thought into that yet wife will be upset if i start spending my budget on stuff that isnt neccesary. I want to make the ride better and safer first. Then i can do little things i want.

Here's a thread to add an additional dome light
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-add-light-over-back-seat-02-04kj-26101/

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i am building my cart for my suspension overhaul i have the 2927 front springs 2 948 rear springs and the bilstein 24-139168 front sings. Is this all correct? What shocks do i use for the rear? What else should i be looking for isos hockey pucks anything else i don't plan i doing a clevis or top plate unless i will need it to level the front. Suggestions? Rev? Is he still around?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i am building my cart for my suspension overhaul i have the 2927 front springs 2 948 rear springs and the bilstein 24-139168 front sings. Is this all correct? What shocks do i use for the rear? What else should i be looking for isos hockey pucks anything else i don't plan i doing a clevis or top plate unless i will need it to level the front. Suggestions? Rev? Is he still around?

copy paste
tommudd said:
OME 927 AND 948 SPRINGS
OME SHOCKS
TERAFLEX BUMPSTOPS FOR THE FRONT
4 hockey pucks , 2 per side bolted down to spring perch for rear bumpstops
Done
JeepinByAl