Jba Coilover blown out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devon Hannabass

Reaction score
Hello my name is Devon and ive got a 2012 kk.
Unfortunately a pothole blew out my drivers side jba coilover. Im pretty positive that my lift is the 2 1/2 in. Unfortunately i called jba and they havent had that suspension system aside from the A Arms in the past 3 years and i cannot find the part. I bought a pair of bilstein 1500 to replace it but im not really sure what else im going to need. And whether or not i can use the old jba coil. The top mount is different to the oem as well. And someone mentioned that ill probably need new isolators. Any information at this point will be helpfull

Attachments

• 20210602_175420.jpg
    20210602_175420.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
As another KK with JBA coilovers, I’m interested. I hope you can get it fixed using off the shelf Bilstein parts. I know the Bilsteins are rebuildable (but I have never done it). I wonder if it will take some custom fabrication if the whole unit needs swapping out? You could take it to a custom shop that does hot rods and lifted trucks and see what they think.

Edit: I’m thinking Tommudd may know the answer to this, as he was involved in developing and testing of JBA stuff IIRC.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What shock did you buy, just not any old shock will work with the JBA setup
Let me do some checking, I have calls into Bilstein will advise

Were you running bumpstops in front ?

Devon Hannabass

Reaction score

Yeah i do have bumpstops. So turns out im going with bilstein 1500's unfortunately i have to get the oem clevis for each side. Hoping i can still use the springs. I cant wait 4 to 8 weeks for these parts and i needed the top plate anyway so i ended up getting oem struts to hopefully get me back on the road without any issues until i get the bilsteins. JBA ended up getting back to me and they recomended the
QA1 Proma Star
Double bearing
11.625in /16.875in
Part # SKU: DD501
For a direct replacement.
If i could get it overnighted itd be a done deal.
But the line is busy every time i call

Devon Hannabass

Reaction score

Yeah i do have bumpstops. So turns out im going with bilstein 1500's unfortunately i have to get the oem clevis for each side. Hoping i can still use the springs. I cant wait 4 to 8 weeks for these parts and i needed the top plate anyway so i ended up getting oem struts to hopefully get me back on the road without any issues until i get the bilsteins. JBA ended up getting back to me and they recomended the
QA1 Proma Star
Double bearing
11.625in /16.875in
Part # SKU: DD501
For a direct replacement.
If i could get it overnighted itd be a done deal.
But the line is busy every time i call

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wont be able to use the springs with the normal shocks, don't think there is enough room inside
is that a Bilstein part number ?
what number are you calling ?

Devon Hannabass

Reaction score
This is the link one of the guys from JBA sent to me
https://www.qa1.net/automotive/suspension/shocks-struts-coil-overs/custom-mount-coil-over-shocks i dont know if you can connect but ive been trying to connect with QA1
I went on jack it and ordered the bilstein 5100's
The struts at autozon has the oem coils pre installed on them. Im just curious if i can ride it dirty stock for a few weeks till i get the bilsteins. Or if i can get in touch with QA1 than id just swap out the coilover and be done with it. I just cant wait a month for parts

Latest posts

Members online