JBA 4XGuard Transmission Skid Plate (Mark 1) Local Pickup Only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well due to some crazyness that I don't want to discuss.... I have a JBA 4XGuard Transmission skid plate for 02-03 Libertys. This is the Mark 1 which had some fitment issues that have been corrected in the later models. It has a few scratches and the powder coat is peeled in a few places but it's a skid plate. Ideally if someone wanted this I would like to do a test fit on their Jeep just to make sure they aren't wasting their money and time. It may need to be modified and I am not sure it will fit later year models as the bolt holes are different. I am asking $150 OBO. I will not ship this thing... it's a 55lb monster but I will be traveling around the north east so I can meet people places.

You must be registered for see images attach
20150623_180902 by Timothy C, on Flickr

Width
20150623_180931 by Timothy C, on Flickr

Length
20150623_180943 by Timothy C, on Flickr

Last edited:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised it lasted this long! I've got the new Gen and it's a beast
I think the local pickup is the issue. If I were in Ohio there would probably be 5 jeeps in my driveway waiting for me to get home haha

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom would have been there instaneously, and then 7 others would complain about getting there too late

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I will be driving to maine next week if anyone is up there or on the way.

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's only a little over an hour away from me. I'll be running right through Portland anyways.

Side note: Portland is an awesome city.

Carry on :)

I agree...Maine is a beautiful state...ok sorry back on topic.

"If" I were to go I'd probably grab it off you but I'm not lucky enough to get a vacation so I'll pass.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree...Maine is a beautiful state...ok sorry back on topic.

"If" I were to go I'd probably grab it off you but I'm not lucky enough to get a vacation so I'll pass.

did you hear i got a Rock lizard front bumper from the u-pick in the county for 50 bucks 2 weeks ago?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he's got a 42RLE fitment should be the same actually. Nothing would be different. But I assume this skid is made for KJs with a 42RFE based on the year.

The only fitment issues for Libby's with the 42RLE or stick is the Y-pipe/crossover pipe for the exhaust. The skid is more likely to fit later year Libby's than the '03s and '04s.

Great skid - I have one that is very wide and built like a tank ;)

Bob