Jack Handle suggestions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya & I bet that is just the beginning..First aid kit to Jumper cables any blocks of wood?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crap, I feel like I lead a sheltered life. The only thing I need is my smartass phone and my AAA card.

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap, I feel like I lead a sheltered life. The only thing I need is my smartass phone and my AAA card.

If the past is anything the learn from the AAA guys that usually show up around here usually say they won't/can't and try to extort cash from ya. Once and a while you get a nice one though.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the past is anything the learn from the AAA guys that usually show up around here usually say they won't/can't and try to extort cash from ya. Once and a while you get a nice one though.

I've been really lucky with AAA. Been a member for 30+ years. I've never broke down in my KJ (probably just jinxed myself) but had a catastrophic battery failure in my 01 outback a couple months back and the guy was great. Time before that was about 10 years ago in a busy busy part of Rockville MD and the guy hitched me up and we were out of there in like 3 minutes. Worst time I had was my old 83 Ranger. Timing belt tensioner failed on rt6 in Wyalusing PA. Had it all apart and ready to change on the side of the road but couldn't get a tensioner anywhere around there. Took forever for the tow guy to get there but the tow was fine.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3^ The Handyman/Hi-Lift jacks are almost a necessity off road.
They can be used as a come along if you have no winch, and can get ya out of a bad situation.
With no bumpers or rails, you can get a strap set up like this, to lift the Jeep.
54489[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Cool, except you still can't change a flat tire.

Attachments

• Hi%20Lift%20Tire%20Strap.jpg
    Hi%20Lift%20Tire%20Strap.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While on the topic, what size floor jack do you folks recommend? is 1.5 ton enough? Looking at a 3 ton but it's 75 lbs!

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a really handy,manageable,reasonably durable occasional use jack, check this one out;

ACDelco 34745 - Aluminum Racing Jack | O'Reilly Auto Parts

I got one this past spring for shop use on service calls because it is so easy to handle, quick lifting, and the guys love it. I eat on their ass if I catch them using it for everyday use in the shop.

Bob

Edit, as Tom says for actual shop use get something more robust. These are holding up fantastic for continuous use at the shop;
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/ACD9/34700.oap?ck=AC+Delco+Catalog_-1_-1

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya I have seen that racing jack before online and it looks sweet.
Much lighter for sure, and well built. I did not see any spec on the actual weight though.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I have seen that racing jack before online and it looks sweet.
Much lighter for sure, and well built. I did not see any spec on the actual weight though.

Heavier than a 6pack, probably about the same as a 12pack.

Bob

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang if that made in China ACDelco floor jack from O'Reilly doesn't look identical to the made in China floor jack at Harbor Freight....which costs $52.50 less with coupon! Ok I take that back, the stickers on it are different. lol
Fwiw, I've been using the 2 ton aluminum H.F. jack for a number of years now, and it's been great.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang if that made in China ACDelco floor jack from O'Reilly doesn't look identical to the made in China floor jack at Harbor Freight....which costs $52.50 less with coupon! Ok I take that back, the stickers on it are different. lol
Fwiw, I've been using the 2 ton aluminum H.F. jack for a number of years now, and it's been great.

Could be a case of Chinks copying Chinks! :happy175:

Bob

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a case of Chinks copying Chinks! :happy175:

Bob

Golly, they do that? :happy175:
Could also be made by the same sweat sh.... er I mean factory for all we know.
Yes uss2defiant, I took the 25% into account. Good reminder for everyone though.

Latest posts

Members online