I've got to put off the lift instal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
...Until Wednesday July 1st. Canada Day.
Or the second of July.
My 15 year old niece is in Vancouver Children's Hospital for the last seven weeks. She has Crohn's Disease and they had to operate on her for the third time now. She's got a tube shoved down her nose for feeding.
According to her Doctor, he said that she will be in the Hospital for at least an additional two more weeks maybe three.
Poor kid!
So family is all going to go visit her in the Hospital.

These last two weeks have been quite brutal on my anatomy. Now that the 300 ml Novocaine and Cortisone has worn off, it's back to codeine again to try and control the pain.
I cannot start the lift install by myself. I unfortunately need a person around me to help out with pretty much everything I do all day long.
As embarrassing as it is to say, I collapsed in our Mud room last evening. My legs just felt like they lost all muscle control and I couldn't support my body weight and down I went.
Schplaat on the floor I went.

Last thing I need now is a poorly placed jack stand because I'm on codeine and basically useless and then have the KJ land on me and crush my chest or pop my Mellon like a squash.
Won't be able to enjoy my lift and other new goodies if I'm dead.

I'm going insane damn it!(banghead) gotta wait 4 more days to try and feel better, do all the labour on the Jeep and Ef myself up again more than likely.
I can't sit here and look at the lift any longer. I want to get my hands dirty.

Cheers

Ryan

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
sorry, to here that i wish her the best in recovery!
my mom shut the door on the lift... so now i've got 500 bucks to blow on small stuff, like some locking lug nuts, window visors, a platinum supporter here, some big renegade logos and finish off my system... not a lift but that is everything I want to do besides get a lift so i guess I'll be happy...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Socks, hope your neice weathers the storm.

And you take it easy until you are up to it and get some help with your mods. If you were not on the left coast I would come over there and help.

Dave

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, sorry to hear about your niece.:( I know all about Crohn's disease, as I have been suffering with it for 22+ years now and have had 2 surgery's so far. That is one thing I wouldn't wish on anyone, nobody understands the impact on your daily life that this disease takes on body, and your emotions.
Tell her to keep her chin up and things will be better, not always, but sometimes better. As you know, there is no cure for Crohn's, only "control" of it.

Sorry to here about the face plant in the house for you too. You will get that lift installed yet, just have to wait some more to be able.

Cheerz
Derick