it's getting there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on my roof rack, should be done by the weekend and when done it probably won't be pretty....all I care is that is FUNCTIONAL, o and yea I'm having a bad a$$ time welding :D it's fun.

o and a pic of the riddler cover after the aussie locker install

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Nice diff cover...I painted mine after I changed the fluid, looks good, but nothing like a custom red one.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:

i think im gonna change the front thou ( the front is at the top of the pic)

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update:

the front

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
paint that black and its good to go

yup just finish welding it cuz it's gonna be a basket, clean up my NASTY welds and bedline it with the roof too :D, this thing is gona be stupid strong.......and heavy :( o well I'm not trying to fly with the kj

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update for todays work:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn i wish i could weld...

I have the opposite problem, i wish i had a welder!! I need to get another one, last welder i had died and i never had the money to repair or replace it.

No offense to the pro welders that may read this... But welding isn't that difficult. Sure its difficult to make a really nice weld, but i never had any formal training just learned as i went and got pretty darn good at it.

My tip... Start out with an arc welder and some scrap metal, practice practice practice. Once your good enough to make a good clean weld with an arc welder than a MIG is a piece of cake in my opinion. But there was still times i would go back to the arc welder because we only had a light duty MIG that was like 80 amps. So the arc welder could do a lot heavier material.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waaaay to heavy idk exactly yet

But are you building in the mounts or just putting it on the stock roof bars? If your building in the mounts i would want it a bit on the heavier side so it can support a lot of weight. You will have a roof rack you can stand on!

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But are you building in the mounts or just putting it on the stock roof bars? If your building in the mounts i would want it a bit on the heavier side so it can support a lot of weight. You will have a roof rack you can stand on!

yes sir, it has it's one mounts that bolt on the factory places where the roof rails used to be, and yea I can stand on each single bar and it won't come apart ( I weight 155#)

I should bedlined it this weekend with the roof so it should be done but I'm not sure cuz they got us working like crazy here at work.

on a side note about the welding, ur rifht is not that hard....and you cares if you make nice weld....as long as it keeps everything togheter I'm fine with it, I'm not trying to sell it....just get out there and start welding and fabbing stuff ppl it's FUN

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so....i am done.....but i think im gonna take it to a real welder:p and make it maybe 1" shorter i think its a bit to high....all ready used to 3 times twice in a 1200 miles round trip and once to the beach and it works great.