Is this video accurate for a u joint replacement in my Libby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. They're definitely a lot tougher than it looks in the video though. Good luck! It's not a bad job. Just hand pressing them in like this guy does is very unlikely.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes harder, he was using brand new , easy slide in, slide out, had them in and out a few times to make it look super simple.
I only watched about 2 minutes and was LMAO!!
I use a vice which is much easier than beating them with a hammer

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt use a hammer to take them out....(if anything to take them out, and bring the new ujoint to a shop to press it in... DO HALF THE WORK AND pay for half

i did mine and used a press.. i mean the hammer is cheap and most people have. If you miss you can damage the drive shaft......

projectkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at 8:45 you can see he bashes on the drive shaft yoke in order to seat the U-Joint, if you hit to hard you will bend the two yokes together

MantisTobagan

Reaction score
Thank you everybody for the replies. I just did mine today and was actually really easy. The video and your guy's answers really helped. Thanks again [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk