Iron Rock Rear A-arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heads up, thats a big ol nut. I used a pipe wrench to tighten it the first time and it loosened up... So I used a pipe wrench to tighten it up again... Seemed like a good idea.

If it loosens up again, Im going to make a wrench from a scrap piece of steel I have and use a hammer to tighten it up.

Dave_too

Reaction score
Took the previously already replaced A-Arm off. The bracket literally was twisted to one side and the joints completely shot. Might as well burn your cash if you're going to buy some other cheap junk. Not at all so with this. Difference in the ride immediately apparent. No clunking and the rear just feels tight. No jumping around. True, there is more noise transmitted at low speeds, but the ride improvement was remarkable. Did the Loctite Blue thing with the big nut. One of the flex joints had previously escaped the shipping boxes and IRO mailed a replacement within two days at no cost to me. Great customer service! My mechanic and I did spend about 45 minutes trying to get bracket to line up. After finally realizing the offset matched the 2in lift, put the tires back on and dropped the Jeep to the floor. Springs compressed and it lined right up. I'm a fan.

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mistake I think I made, the instructions said to coat the adjuster in anti-seize, so I did... Thinking I should've used locktite now...

Dave_too

Reaction score
Don't know why you couldn't clean the anti-seize with some kind of solvent and revisit it. One thing we learned the hard way was don't get distracted when you're using the loctite. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes before it starts to set and if things aren't just where you want them, they're a bear to manipulate.

How do you like your DTT, by the way?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laziness is the only reason.

Its seamless, but Ive not really taken the Jeep offroad since installing it so I cant comment on how useful it is.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know why you couldn't clean the anti-seize with some kind of solvent and revisit it. One thing we learned the hard way was don't get distracted when you're using the loctite. It doesn't take more than 10 minutes before it starts to set and if things aren't just where you want them, they're a bear to manipulate.

How do you like your DTT, by the way?
I run DTTs front and rear on the 03 and 04
Only thing else I would run is an ARB in the rear instead
love em though

Latest posts

Members online