Intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mshack

Reaction score
Hello from Memphis, TN.

Got hired at the USPS and wife and searched the interwebs for a vehicle close to us.

So this was a NEED buy. Had to have a RHD at my age (55) ...could not do the straddle and drive from the center.

Anyways...did not know anything about a KJ
It's an 02 limited.

NOW...I NEED SOME HELP

Attachments

• 20210816_183905.jpg
    20210816_183905.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210816_184003.jpg
    20210816_184003.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210816_184035.jpg
    20210816_184035.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 12

Mshack

Reaction score
Brakes, and SUSPENSION!!!
AND, want to change rear brakes, currently drum, want DISC.

I see post where the OME springs are best. Want those, shocks and all the things needed.

Don't know what to get but I definitely need something.

100miles a day of hard acceleration and hard braking. Some 70mph stretches and lots of side of the road action in gravel and sloppy mud. Nothing too extreme. Climb a curb or two also.

Mshack

Reaction score
Also...steering is fading fast and don't know what to look for

Mshack

Reaction score
Which post has what I need for the shocks and springs? and what upper and lower control arms should I purchase?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Which post has what I need for the shocks and springs? and what upper and lower control arms should I purchase?
Start with lift section
OME springs ( do you want lift or just a way better ride ? )
And Bilstein shocks
after finding out if you want say an inch lift or 2.5 we can help more
For disc brake rears a 03 to 05 rear diff will bolt right in, just have to swap out master cylinder etc

Mshack

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Tommudd,
Jus ordered the springs and shocks...927s and 948s and the shocks...24-139168 & 24-185660.

Wow, what a process that was to find them.
Only place I could find them was on 4wheelparts.com. Hope that was the place to get them.

And yesterday, ordered the sway bar bushings from the link in a thread on here. So, those are on the way. Also ordered the bushings for the steering rack from (lord knows who) cause my brain is now officially fried

Next thing to find are frt and rear brakes.
Hate spending all this cheddar but gotta be done, right?

I been looking around for a disc brake rear axle to no avail. Found one on ebay in Springfield, MO. FOR 600, and no master cylinder with that. So, gonna keep looking. Tough to find these things.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
springs from ALLJs
shocks from shockwarehouse/Amazon and many others
many rear diffs out there, I've even tossed a couple rear 8.25s in the junk pile since had two many ( two old drunks hauled them away for beer money LOL )
look on part outs on Craigslist etc

Mshack

Reaction score
springs from ALLJs
shocks from shockwarehouse/Amazon and many others
many rear diffs out there, I've even tossed a couple rear 8.25s in the junk pile since had two many ( two old drunks hauled them away for beer money LOL )
look on part outs on Craigslist etc
But jus to comfirm...I did order the correct shocks and springs for my 02 liberty limited 4x4?

Mshack

Reaction score
But jus to comfirm...I did order the correct shocks and springs for my 02 liberty limited 4x4?
And another question is what frt suspension to use...I read to not use Detroit, but what should I use?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
And another question is what frt suspension to use...I read to not use Detroit, but what should I use?
Never go wrong with Moog , also depends on what you are replacing
Detroit is a good choice if you're selling the next day or week and don't care

Mshack

Reaction score
Gotta have this everyday...and it will get a lot of abuse...heavily gravel roads...dropping of pavement at fair amounts of speed...lots of hard braking

Mshack

Reaction score
Gotta have this everyday...and it will get a lot of abuse...heavily gravel roads...dropping of pavement at fair amounts of speed...lots of hard braking
And.forgot to mention tight turns at low.speeds

DHBirren2

Reaction score
Good choice for a delivery vehicle. I'm also a rural USPS carrier. One thing I didn't see mentioned is tires. Since you mentioned gravel is on the route, you might want to consider getting 10-ply tires.

Also, watch those hard stops! The scanner sees all and knows all!

Mshack

Reaction score
That scanner...it sure does...I backed up a tad over 50ft one day and got called into the office the next day.

I said...are you kidding me, and drew a diagram of how far I backed up. Nothing else ever said. How ridiculous! I mean I "tight turned" around in a driveway.

My lil KJ has me riding around like I'm riding a big rubber ball...pushes into turns...and the body rolls right with it. Drives me crazy. It's got plenty of peep tho. Seems to ride better when I'm loaded down.

Anyways...I'm excited. Not going top of the line parts but I am replace the ENTIRE frt end. Upper and lower control arms. Sway bar links and inner and outer tie rods. With the new shocks and springs, it should be much better 4 a year or 2 while I collect the UPGRADED parts.

Want to get those power stop calipers and rotors for the frt. Not finding much of anything for brake upgrade except those. Anyone have any suggestions for the brakes? And remember when suggesting anything...these brakes will HAVE to be replaced once a year...no matter who makes them. I am open to suggestions.

And as far as the scanner goes...record my hard braking. I'm trying to be fast so...record THAT

YOUR NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS
Came home today and these where sitting on my porch.
Thank you son-n-law.
Jus sends me a set of tires...wth?

Attachments

• 20210928_203718.jpg
    20210928_203718.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 4

Mshack

Reaction score
Jus some Kenda Klever A/Ts 235/70R16. Nothing fancy...only 5 ply
He jus sent them cause he could...I didn't ask or know...came home and to my surprise.

Mshack

Reaction score
Good choice for a delivery vehicle. I'm also a rural USPS carrier. One thing I didn't see mentioned is tires. Since you mentioned gravel is on the route, you might want to consider getting 10-ply tires.

Also, watch those hard stops! The scanner sees all and knows all!
What part of this country do you carry mail

Latest posts

Members online