Intro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigPhil

Reaction score
New to this forum, my first forum all together to be honest. I have an 04 kj that is essentially stock with the exception of cragar soft 8's that have a 4" backspacing and some hankook dynapro atms (235/75/16) i have a 2.5" daystar spacer lift/leveling kit that i have yet to install. Attempted the daystar install but i had to quit and throw the front back together because i couldnt get the damn clevis bolt out ): gonna give it another shot when i have some time off and some air tools at hand. plan is to custom weld steel bumpers put together some sort of roof rack/roof mounted spare. went with the daystar instead of new shocks and springs because i got it for 160$ off of ebay and im trying to stick to a very strict budget. Will post pics later, she looks so much nicer with just the wheels and tires on her, cant wait to get her lifted. About me though, i love listening to peoples advice enjoy constructive criticism and have joined here because i constantly refer to this site as a non member for everything from routine maintenance to ideas for mods. Thank you all for any input you may have in advance, speaking of input, going back to that damn clevis arm, any advice on disassembly?
Thanks again, happy 'Jeepin guys

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything sounds great but the lift. You will be removing that lift in less than a year. Lol. Read some of the threads here and you'll soon know why that or any other spacer lift is bad... And welcome to our home on the web.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Phil.

Dave

BigPhil

Reaction score
Everything sounds great but the lift. You will be removing that lift in less than a year. Lol. Read some of the threads here and you'll soon know why that or any other spacer lift is bad... And welcome to our home on the web.

hey 1 badkj, i definitely hear you but from what ive read the daystar is the best of the worst when it comes to the spacer kits, and in all honesty the extent of my offroad driving will most likely be some fishing trips out in long island and getting through new york winters, someday maybe ill do the springs and shocks but i just dont have the money now...lil your probably rite though because i could see posting up a lift progress thread in a year :laughing1:

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool. Ya do what you can with what you have. Good luck. I work in ny if ya need any help.