Intermediate Shaft symptoms. Let's make this a sticky.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posted this on LOST also.

I do believe that I am chasing around an intermediate shaft issue and am looking for some symptoms to see if they match mine. I figured if everyone could all post what they were experiencing when their intermediate shaft failed, we could eventually make a sticky since this seems to be a common problem with the KJ.

Now on to my symptoms. A noticeably louder type of tire/wheel bearing noise coming from the passenger front wheel that seems to change with suspension movement. More noticeable and felt when making SLOW left hand turns. Also, get noticeably worse the longer I drive(heating up) until it reaches a certain point, then it sounds the same until it cools down. Both front wheel bearings where replaced with Timken bearings thinking I had a bad bearing(Also rotated tires.) Wrong. So eventually I'm going to pull it apart and check it out. I should also note that when installing my bearings, the passenger front cv made a wierd/hollow type of sound whenever pushed in. The drivers side did not do this. Does this sound like a intermediate shaft issue?

So what were YOUR symptoms?