Installing Security Drawer/Box In Cargo Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sprawlcowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am needing to install a security box. I'd like to do this in the rear cargo area of my 2006 Lib.

The plan is to drill/tap holes into the vehicle where the holes are located on the underside of the box.

Is there anything I need to look out for specifically under the cargo area?

I don't plan on drilling too far into it. Maybe 1" total into the metal beneath the carpet.

Attached is a picture of where it would likely go, though if it needed to go on the other side for whatever reason I'm amenable to that.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 2006 jeep liberty cargo area - Google Search - Google Chrome_2014-07-23_09-20-33.jpg
    2006 jeep liberty cargo area - Google Search - Google Chrome_2014-07-23_09-20-33.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 55

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am needing to install a security box. I'd like to do this in the rear cargo area of my 2006 Lib.

The plan is to drill/tap holes into the vehicle where the holes are located on the underside of the box.

Is there anything I need to look out for specifically under the cargo area?

I don't plan on drilling too far into it. Maybe 1" total into the metal beneath the carpet.

Attached is a picture of where it would likely go, though if it needed to go on the other side for whatever reason I'm amenable to that.

Thanks.

Gas Tank!

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a portion of the cargo area that does not have the gas tank under it?

Its tight, I wanted to bolt a bracket down in the area you have shown and I probably could have -just didnt want to risk it. Get underneath and do some measurements.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could drill out rivets that have the tie downs and insert through there.

Could also spot them underneath and landmark clear of the gas lines and wiring. Would not drill in blind.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it have to go in that spot and/or on that side, and of that size? if not search for info on the rear CD changer retrofit/install. it goes where the net pocket is on the right side.

Latest posts

Members online