Installing a Maglite on the Driver's Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06Dkhaki

Reaction score

Hello all,

I'm a new member to the site and this is my first post. I've been reading the forum for about 2 months now trying to determine which lift kit to install. I've ordered my Rusty's 2.5" Suspension kit and hopefully it'll go in this weekend.

I had a question though about installing a Maglite flashlight on the seat bracket on the driver's side. I've seen a few people who have done it and was just wondering want brackets were used to mount it, or what other ways there are to do it.

Thanks for any help in this.

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found 'em at Bass Pro shops. Sams carries them in a kit with the 3D Maglite, and an AAA light and some other accessories.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little mom and pop hardware stores always have them seperately, or in the kit with the anti-roll attachment and some colored signal lenses. Check True Value and Ace stores.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I got mine about 3 years ago from Home Depot for like $5, and if i'm not mistaken, they were on clearance....but I know i've seen them online, and in stores like bass pro and outdoor world.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 3 cell and it slides right in between the drivers seat and the center console nicely and stays put til needed. no clamps. no drilling, etc......

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's mine, I got it a Sam's Club for $20.00 and it came with the mini mag.

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it that it makes maglight so much better than others. Is it because of it's construction? Otherwise, it looks like the same bulb I see in all of those flashlights.

06Dkhaki

Reaction score
I don't think we have a Sam's Club here in Portland, but I did find it at Ace Hardware and plan on picking it up today.

Thanks again for the input.

2003KJ

Reaction score
What is it that it makes maglight so much better than others. Is it because of it's construction? Otherwise, it looks like the same bulb I see in all of those flashlights.

How many of those other "flash lights" can double as theft deterrent, and still work the next day?:D

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, go find someone on the sidewalk and beat them with a madlight hyedipin. I bet it still works when youre done. :)

06Dkhaki

Reaction score
Just finished installing the flashlight.

I think it adds a nice touch. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how. For now though, you can look at the post on the top of page two from timmer to get an idea. Thanks again for the help.

Hope to have the lift and tires on in the next week or so. I'll try to post pics of the install somewhere.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use a sharpie to mark the tops of the mounts timmer? :-s

I just ziped tied mine on. The front mount already had a hole so I put a bolt through that one. The rear mount is just zip tied.

timmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use a sharpie to mark the tops of the mounts timmer? :-s

I just ziped tied mine on. The front mount already had a hole so I put a bolt through that one. The rear mount is just zip tied.

Yes sharpie, a permanent one - DOH!

I tried to wipe it off but its there for good.