Installed the Mopar Hitch and a Hook

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally installed my Hitch. I had a hook from my cherokee that I used and just installed it on this. I bought a locking hitch pin so no one will steal it.

You must be registered for see images

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's sticking out a lot.
What's with the caddy rim?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
The hook should be pointing up.

I was wondering about that. I see trucks and Suvs(cherokee were like this) where the hook is pointing down. Wouldnt the strap just dall off if you didnt keep it tight?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
jfortier777 said:

I was wondering about that. I see trucks and Suvs(cherokee were like this) where the hook is pointing down. Wouldnt the strap just dall off if you didnt keep it tight?

yes/no. The Mopar hook is facing down (for obvious reasons) when you install it on your Jeep.

You must be registered for see images

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
jfortier777 said:

The reason I say it should be up is because of how much of a pain in the ass it is when the strap always falls off of my rear hook.

But yeah like Phil said the rear hook faces down because of its location relative to the trim pieces and such around it.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually (and im pretty positive) the reason people have hooks facing down not up is because of the fact that GOD forbid something happened and the hook broke, instead of the rope, strap, etc...hitting the car it falls to the ground if it breaks (and watch the DIRTY JOBS epidose where he works at a tire factory where they sort through old tires, they have a machine that has a hook on it and it is pointing DOWN and MIKE ROWE asks why? and that is the answer that is given)...so in essence this is a way to prevent hurting the jeep...yay \:D/...it could be a bunch of bologna but hey it works for me! :-#

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LI_Egabrag said:
actually (and im pretty positive) the reason people have hooks facing down not up is because of the fact that GOD forbid something happened and the hook broke, instead of the rope, strap, etc...hitting the car it falls to the ground if it breaks (and watch the DIRTY JOBS epidose where he works at a tire factory where they sort through old tires, they have a machine that has a hook on it and it is pointing DOWN and MIKE ROWE asks why? and that is the answer that is given)...so in essence this is a way to prevent hurting the jeep...yay \:D/...it could be a bunch of bologna but hey it works for me! :-#

Yeah thats wrong. Seriously, thats like the worst reason I've ever heard in my life. Physics doesn't even support that idea.

The reason:
Decided by majority rule;
There are two hooks on the front of my jeep facing upwards, only one pointing down is the rear.
Also, the hook wont break, it will rip the mounts from the frame first. So in either direction, a poor mounting point, or foolish recovery will still kill someone.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
LI_Egabrag said:

Yeah thats wrong. Seriously, thats like the worst reason I've ever heard in my life. Physics doesn't even support that idea.

The reason:
Decided by majority rule;
There are two hooks on the front of my jeep facing upwards, only one pointing down is the rear.
Also, the hook wont break, it will rip the mounts from the frame first. So in either direction, a poor mounting point, or foolish recovery will still kill someone.

Miah doesnt care to tell ya how it is. 8-[

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow it's like saying "I can't believe its not butter".

I did see that episode and after hearing his reason I believe that is why he works were he does.

Just my thought on it. (whistle)

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i would believe you guys over a TV show anyway, just telling you what they had brought up on the show 8-[

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a joke

i wasn't serious. but all you would have to do is drill a hole.

ender00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's an idea

you could. . . .weld four hooks to a single hitch so they are pointing in all directions.