Installed skid plates - pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you buy them from the Jeep dealership?

I'm planning on buying my set and this convinced me to go out and do it :)

Thanks for the pics!!

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
Ya, I looked all over trying to find them, but never could find any anywhere for a good price. The ones I did find on eBay usually cost more then going down to the dealership because shipping was so high due to the weight.

The transfer case and the front were $49 each, and the fuel tank was $115.
There is also a transmission skid, but the dealer said that it is no longer available from Chrysler, and their inventory was out. If your dealer happens to have one in stock, you should grab it up.

I did them mainly for peice of mind. I am not real happy with the ground clearance of the Liberty when I am on the trail, so I feel a little better with these in place. I might eventually do a 2"-3" lift, and bigger tires too, but not for awhile.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the front and ****** plates. My dealer ordered the parts for $33 and $31 respectively including tax. Had to buy some bolts at NAPA. As I recall, they were 11mm x 1.5 ".

Installation was pretty easy. Mounting for the front is all pre-drilled and threaded. ****** plate was for an '05 and required a couple of holes for the rear mount.

UKKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice before and after shots...Thanks

...I can see what I am missing now :-({|=

I might have to givr the dealer a ring, and he may have to remove a few UKP from my wallet. [-o<

Derek Mc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone tel me how much they cost from UK dealers? they look Brilliant even though no-one else knows they are there it is superb guy.

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
roadrunner said:
I just installed the front and ****** plates. My dealer ordered the parts for $33 and $31 respectively including tax. Had to buy some bolts at NAPA. As I recall, they were 11mm x 1.5 ".

Installation was pretty easy. Mounting for the front is all pre-drilled and threaded. ****** plate was for an '05 and required a couple of holes for the rear mount.

Cool, that is what I thought, I will just use the trans plate for an '05 then.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my bathroom scale, front skid is 17#, ****** skid is 17 - 18#, and that's all I have. I expected them to be heavier.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops, I didn't notice. Yes, that would be pounds. Looks like about 8 kilos, right? :-k

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops, I didn't notice. Yes, that would be pounds. Looks like about 8 kilos, right? :-k

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Job On Installation

Just curious if you used any "Never Seez" on the bolts used for installation of the skid plates?

Blue_Liberty

Reaction score
Most of the bolts that came with the kit had some type of anti seize already on the threads (blue thick paint type of compund in the middle of the threads) you could really feel it grabbing hold as you tightened down. The gas tank bolts and the front skid bolts had this. The transfer case did not.