Installed Rocky Road Budget Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tecumseh

Reaction score
Just completed my Rocky Road Budget Lift on my 07 KJ, Installing this kit by yourself is a daunting task, (it took me all day). Most of the time was spent on the first front strut, the second one went much quicker and doing the rear was a breeze. "I like the kit", it looks great, it leveled my Jeep out, rides great, the shocks that came with it are much better than what was on it and it gave plenty of lift to accommodate my new 245/70R17 Maxxis Bighorns. I took it to Goodyear right after the installation and they had NO PROBLEM getting it aligned on center for a good price. I did have to trim the plastic air dam in the front a bit so that I could continue to get tight turns. I have been driving the Jeep daily for a week and put about 200 miles on it with no complaints. I believe this kit is a great bargain for people who do not want to spend a lot of money and who will only venture off road to conduct light to medium duty, trail riding. PM me if anyone has questions about the lift or how I went about installing it. I added some before and after photos.

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0018[1].jpg
    IMG_0018[1].jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0014[2].jpg
    IMG_0014[2].jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0022[1].jpg
    IMG_0022[1].jpg
    97 KB · Views: 87

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good luck with that kit, have had one laying in my garage for over 10 years due to the former owner of my old ARB bumper that had it and finally gave up replacing parts that were destroyed by that lift
Keep plenty of front shocks, UCAs handy
Looks good though

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put the terflex bump stops up front and a couple of pucks on each side in the rear. You won't blow your shocks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just put the terflex bump stops up front and a couple of pucks on each side in the rear. You won't blow your shocks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Helps some but not a cure all for it, the family i got the ARB from tried .making longer bumpstops in front after several replacements. Helped some but still wore out the UCA:
s

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.