Inside the strut or under the top/over the top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the difference in heights between a in the strut, over the strut or on top of the strut spacer? Similarities I gather are that they all are not as good as a full spring lift. Anyone have experiences, good or bad, with these spacers?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
All provide a crappy / harsh ride, but Daystar seems to be the least " bad" of them all
The OTT spacers like RRO sell wear out parts ( UCAs for example ) faster than you can replace them. But any spacer lift is ******* 1, UCAs 2, front shocks, 3 LBJs, then rest of the suspension
The way I got my ARB front bumper so cheap in 05 was the fact they tried using a OTT lift. In less than a year, (3) right side UCAs, (2) right sides shocks, (1) left side shock and (2) left side UCAs
Last right side UCA broke at 45 MPH, tore out the LCA, CV-intermediate shaft, flare, fender, wheel-tire etc so they gave up .
They told me there was no way you could lift a KJ safely
Like to show them mine now after being lifted for the last 194,000 miles :happy175:

You can in no way determine height since they claim one height but none really give that. Plus the fact that it all depends on how much yours has sagged already
We've seen them at my place anywhere from 1/2 inch below new stock height to almost 2 inches

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope all came out okay after the failure. Sounds like no fun. I'm figuring that stock, aftermarket strut assemblies are all, of the post lowered height. Wanting to simply replace with stock and either reuse the Daystar I have or throw some bolt on top spacers on. But if these are original springs from 02 i don't want to, lose any height. But I can't imagine they are and still, be sitting at 22 at the fender.Less hassle than breaking the old ones down and building the new ones up..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just save up and do a full spring lift, you'll be amazed at how much better ride and better handling it is than now
Want 22 inches, thats easy either the Ironman or OME will easily give that and a little more just from springs and new shocks. I would never install stock springs