inside lights turned on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the second time I found my Jeeps EVIC lights on (reading lights) hogging my battery.. Last night about 2 hours after I parked, I spotted that the lights are on! I checked all the doors, they were all shut, tailgate, flipper, hood, etc.. all closed but lights are on. I don't think dome light was on, only evic lights. This was strange.. I just open the doors, run the jeep to make sure battery was ok, and then stopped engine, locked the doors from the remote key and it was OK, They turned off... weird..

I am sure this was the cause of my recent no-start due to battery morning....
http://jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30064

K Dje Ryu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The center dome light (above the back seat) hasn't shut off on mine since I bought it. I pulled the lamp out of it after having my kj for two days. No dead battery but, it was annoying.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont you remember my threads on this Huseyin? I noticed mine were on this past weekend.. I made sure to grab mom and watch them go off when I touched anything on the jeep. I already had the rear gate open(detailing), and I just pulled the handle and they went off. The BCM must have alittle glitch in it. My battery has been dead twice with no reason. Both when it was cold outside..

Last edited:

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that above link was to a similar topic that you started.. It is weird, I think something triggers is, could be the flipper like you said, it forgets to shut off..
From now on , I make sure to check the lights after i "BEEP" lock from FOB.. But I think it is the rear gate or flipper that I have to watch for.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just add in 2 more deep cycle dry cell batteries for a total of 3 batteries and run them in parallel like myself and you never have to worry about the battery goin dead. ive left my fog lights on over night for about 10 hours once and had no issues. not the factory fogs but the ones on my brush guard.