inner tie rod change...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
sounds like you didnt count the turns on the tie rod sleeves correctly when you installed the new ones.

just force the steering wheel straight. look at which wheel is out too far. Look at the tie rod sleeves to see if there is excess space in the sleeve. remove that tie rod and turn it in or out to look similar to the other one.

you can check youtube for how to do your own alignment to get the wheels straight then go back to get your real alignment done. i've never done this on a jeep, but tie rods are tie rods.

[YT]9fxd9SOVh7s[/YT]

Unless you really know what you are doing, DON"T follow those stupid youtube videos , it may sound easy but you can get one so far out of whack in a hurry its not funny. 99% of them should be removed

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done a tie rod on a KJ but have on many other vehicles . I carefully measure & carefully count turns & have never had a problem .

Scottybones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced inners and outers. I counted turns and got got pretty close, other than the steering wheel issue, hence the reason I was asking about
It.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you really know what you are doing, DON"T follow those stupid youtube videos , it may sound easy but you can get one so far out of whack in a hurry its not funny. 99% of them should be removed

sounds like he already got it "out of whack". but he can bring it back in with the string tool. or just go to a shop that will set it up correctly.