Infinity speaker question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TODSHO

Reaction score

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Those kits seem to be a temporary fix... they work for awhile, but I've noticed that people still end up replacing speakers anyway. That was the case with mine. But if the kit is relatively inexpensive, it's a good way to prolong the life a little.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have refoamed home speakers before with success, not sure I'd bother with the car ones though.

TODSHO

Reaction score
Thanx for the input...I'm just trying to decide whether to try the refoam kit or just replace the speakers. I am happy with the sound of the factory system since I don't get too crazy...most of the time....just have to decide what speakers would work best with the infinity amps and not loose the sound quality.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck with that. It will be tough, but there are few options. At least two members successfully (at the time, we don't have long term results) wired aftermarket speakers to the stock factory amps in the front. One just drilled the amps to the inside of the doors on the beams, and the other used zip-ties and double sided tape to mount it then just wired them to the new speakers. There are 1000 threads discussing speakers, but if you choose your search terms carefully, you might just hit those topics, they had pictures as well (I got one off another site)..

Currently I am rolling with two blown (separated) front speakers. I have a subwoofer in the back, so I am using the aftermarket radio's high and low frequency filters to limit bass in the front. I can still hear them crackle, but it helps. The reason I did not replace the fronts, is because it is really tough to get the right sound that is similar to stock which has a perfect balance of Highs and Lows in the front. Otherwise, you end up losing a lot of bass in front doors.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online