Infinety Speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Infinety Speaker (still needed)

Has anyone upgraded to an aftermarket audio system, and has one left over that you would be willing to sell? I need the front passenger door speaker. Thanks:).

Last edited:

Powerslave

Banned
Reaction score
Sotty, all I have are a set of OE for 2000 Dodge, they are 6x9 infinities, practically new, from my Avenger. I removed those speakers within a few weeks, and put higher watt ones in. My door ones were replaced too a few years ago, but the OE ones were ripped and worn right at the surrounds... They don't use rubber surrounds, just the glue type stuff...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sotty, all I have are a set of OE for 2000 Dodge, they are 6x9 infinities, practically new, from my Avenger. I removed those speakers within a few weeks, and put higher watt ones in. My door ones were replaced too a few years ago, but the OE ones were ripped and worn right at the surrounds... They don't use rubber surrounds, just the glue type stuff...

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think those will fit. I think ours are round 6x5's.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also want to buy one. If you have the set that you replaced and have both, you can sell one side to him other side to me, since they are identical they should work.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hahaha that's the first thing I do when I buy a new to me car, rip out the factory stuff and put my own system in it.

All the other speakers are fine...just the one. If it were more, I'd redo it but not when just one is bad.:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what, when one is gone, it is highly likely that the other one will be gone pretty soon. I was also thinking about that but I am not really sure.. You would end up paying like $25 or so for infinity replacement, and maybe 2-3 months later the other side will be dead, and then you will pay maybe another $25-$30 for the other one, that is if you can even find one... just to keep stock speakers. I saw really good infinity speakers for $75-$100. Or better yet, just screw the front woofers al together and put cheap twoways there, and get a subwoofer..

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You know what, when one is gone, it is highly likely that the other one will be gone pretty soon. I was also thinking about that but I am not really sure.. You would end up paying like $25 or so for infinity replacement, and maybe 2-3 months later the other side will be dead, and then you will pay maybe another $25-$30 for the other one, that is if you can even find one... just to keep stock speakers. I saw really good infinity speakers for $75-$100. Or better yet, just screw the front woofers al together and put cheap twoways there, and get a subwoofer..

I've been with the blown speaker for about 6 months or so....:(

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the speaker dead or is it just the foam surround?? That's the problem i have, my front passenger has a torn surround, the drivers side is starting to go, a few inches is open on it now.

I got a re-foam kit for $20 and i'm going to rebuild the speakers instead of replacing. I looked at some used ones at salvage yards, they average $30-$40 each and the foam on them looks about shot also unless you can find some out of a recent one, like a newer 07' or so. The ones i have been able to find out of 02-04's are just about shot also.

Should have my kit by the end of the week and i will show a step by step of how i rebuilt them.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is the speaker dead or is it just the foam surround?? That's the problem i have, my front passenger has a torn surround, the drivers side is starting to go, a few inches is open on it now.

I got a re-foam kit for $20 and i'm going to rebuild the speakers instead of replacing. I looked at some used ones at salvage yards, they average $30-$40 each and the foam on them looks about shot also unless you can find some out of a recent one, like a newer 07' or so. The ones i have been able to find out of 02-04's are just about shot also.

Should have my kit by the end of the week and i will show a step by step of how i rebuilt them.

I took it out, and it's blown for the most part. It's still tolerable though.....

Thanks though.

kjman2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped all four of my door speakers out and they're sitting around in my basement. I could sell them for you for a few bucks more than shipping'll cost maybe. haha I'd have to check with the parents first tho before i go selling my old stuff.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I swapped all four of my door speakers out and they're sitting around in my basement. I could sell them for you for a few bucks more than shipping'll cost maybe. haha I'd have to check with the parents first tho before i go selling my old stuff.

Cool.....take your time.:)

Could you post a pic of the back to confirm it's a powered???

Thanks. :D

Last edited: