Inexpensive front bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving around for a couple months in my new Liberty (new to me), I have noticed that my front bumper is getting pretty scratched up from things such as rocks and whatever else is in the road. I've been looking for a new front bumper but they are all so expensive for the KJ. I've seen bumpers for the Wrangler that are as cheap as $200. Anyone have any bumper that are less than $300?
Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After driving around for a couple months in my new Liberty (new to me), I have noticed that my front bumper is getting pretty scratched up from things such as rocks and whatever else is in the road. I've been looking for a new front bumper but they are all so expensive for the KJ. I've seen bumpers for the Wrangler that are as cheap as $200. Anyone have any bumper that are less than $300?
Thanks for the help!

No
even used ARBs bring way more than that
and thats about it as far as store bought bumpers go anymore

Some have used TJ and JK bumpers and tried to make them work but have yet to see one done that is mounted really well and not sticking out too far.
Due to the shape of the Wrangler grills -vs- the KJs there is quite a lot of difference
I have an idea but need a JK aftermarket bumper to cut up somewhat and make it work and look right.
Just too cheap to buy a new 300-400 bumper and start cutting:happy175::happy175:

Last edited:

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No

Some have used TJ and JK bumpers and tried to make them work but have yet to see one done that is mounted really well and not sticking out too far.

Due to the shape of the Wrangler grills -vs- the KJs there is quite a lot of difference

I have an idea but need a JK aftermarket bumper to cut up somewhat and make it work and look right.

Just too cheap to buy a new 300-400 bumper and start cutting:happy175::happy175:

Alright that makes sense. Another reason to get a new front bumper is to possibly mount and LED bar on it. Anything wrong with just drilling it in?

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just plastic. There is nothing behind it to drill into. You will need to reinforce the back side with large washers to help hold your lights.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright that makes sense. Another reason to get a new front bumper is to possibly mount and LED bar on it. Anything wrong with just drilling it in?

You can drill down through the front of the frame rails and mount them

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Know the distance off hand? Just so I know how long my screws should be

Not off hand but will measure in the AM for sure
But then I'd plan on doing it by removing the bumper cover, drilling holes etc and mounting them with bolts

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No

If I'd have read this a week ago lol.. threw out an oem one on Thursday that just had a small dent on the side right by the drivers wheelwell..
If another comes along soon, I'll have to send you a pm.

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not off hand but will measure in the AM for sure
But then I'd plan on doing it by removing the bumper cover, drilling holes etc and mounting them with bolts

Thanks for measuring! I have no idea how to take the bumper cover off so looks like it's time for some research.

2023matt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'd have read this a week ago lol.. threw out an oem one on Thursday that just had a small dent on the side right by the drivers wheelwell..

If another comes along soon, I'll have to send you a pm.

Thank you!!

Latest posts

Members online