In Channel vs. Stick on Ventvisor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lavalva

Reaction score
What do you think? I already bought the Mopar stick on, but I have heard that they may not look right on my silver Liberty... What are your thoughts on both?

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with mopar. Non-Mopar ones, for the back, generally dont go over the back (doesnt roll down) window, and imho, they look kinda lame that way. I'll see if I can find a pic.

[edit]Heres the pic[/edit]
You must be registered for see images

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring back the stick ons and get the in channel ones. IMO they look much better, like they came with the vehicle. However, I don't know how they hold up compared to the stick ons, I would thing better being out of the elements, I just think nothing should be "stuck on" a nice car that you care about, kinda like duct tape holding your windshield in.

CoasterG

Reaction score
Does Mopar make both types?

Or are the channel mounts made by someone else?

Skidplate

Reaction score
I just put the Weathertechs on the wifes '03 and even though they don't cover the entire window on the back door, they were easy to install and I think they look great. I also agree about sticking the other type on the paint...don't. My vote is for the in channel.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually go with mopar stuff but for this I would say go for the in channel type if you can get them to cover the entire rear window.

I have the stick-on mopar ventvisors and one of the edges is already peeling back. (put them on 8/04) Sure I can glue it back but it kinda ***** to have to do that. Also, the mopar ones have JEEP in white lettering on ALL 4 visors. FYI- so beware If you don't like that look.

Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allow me to throw a wrench into this thread....

Although I understand the purpose of window visors and agree they work as advertised (generally speaking, not brand name by specific), I think they look like crap on not only the KJ but all 4 door suvs. IMO, they're best suited for pickup trucks.

- Hammer.

roadrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else must think so too. :-({|= They bought a set of DrawTites, didn't like them, and sold all 4 to me for $10. (whistle) The front ones seem to work great but I may leave the back ones off. :-k I prefer to have air enter from the back windows and exit out the front. With the vent visors installed, there seems to be less noise with the front windows cracked. :-$

These little yellow things are sure fun, aren't they? outtahere.gif

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always wanted a set for cracking the window in the rain and less wind noise, but can't bring myself to part with the money...what a cheapo

2003KJ

Reaction score
Myself, I don't see anything wrong with the stick on ones. If you do it right the first time, they look good. However, 98% of vehicles actually have a decent ammount of weather stripping above the window, and thats where you'd normally stick them on. But on the KJ, there is not much at all, leaving you to have to stick them on the paint. I'm not real crazy about that, but the price difference (for me atleast) is roughly $40. I can get a set of the stick on ones (not mopar, but just as good) from my buddy at nape for around $40.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the draw-tite's on etrailer.com, but for some reason they stopped selling them there. I love them, they will never fly off either. I think i paid around $60 or something.

Pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

I took that stupid sticker off that said Draw-tite. Took forever to get all the sticky stuff off, I cant remeber what I used to get it off. Did great though.

I like pics. \:D/

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY NICE jeepjeepster! to me that's the only way to go, nice clean look as if it came that way from the factory. the stick ons look, well, like something you stuck on as an afterthought, inserts are worth every penny!

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stick-on vs In-channel

I've used both and I prefer the looks of the in channel visors. After a while the doublesided tape will dry up and lose its grip and your visor will start flapping in the breeze. Even before the flapping starts, abrasives work their way in and will rub the pain off down to bare metal. I you plan on installing the stick on variety, plan on leaving them on permanently and replacing the tape every few years.

I use the WeatherTech because the are flatter, sit closer to the window, than most other brands. The DrawTite look good too, didn't know they made visors, must be new.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No there not new, I got them over a year ago. I thought they were the only brand to get then. The place i got them from stopped selling them though, i dont know if drawtite stopped making them or just etrailer stopped selling them?

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've actually taken visors back before when I found out they were in-channel type. I've had bad experiences with the in-channel type. But the stick on type has always worked GREAT for me. I'd vote stick-on.

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
upon installation I believe you have to leave the windows up for 24 hours or so for proper set up of adhesive. was it a different problem?

LibertyCRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with mine 1) the window wouldn't shut all the way and 2) there was so much contact between the glass and the visor that even if it could shut it would eventually scratch the glass all to *ell. Just a very poor design idea in my opinion. The stick-on is much better and easier to install IMO.