Im getting new shoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I went today and ordered new shoes. Kumho Road Venture A/T KL78 set of 4 for $600 and will be in within 3 weeks.

Last edited:

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
*jealous*

I would love a new set of treads...but since my Jeep came with mostly new tires...I'm hoping to make it through this winter, and hopefully they'll do OK for wet weather and last me through this year. I would really like to get a new set by next winter though!!

Need to get a bit of a lift so I can squeeze some 245/75's on her though!!

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went today and ordered new shoes. Kumho Road Venture A/T KL78 set of 4 for $600 and will be in within 3 weeks.

I almost got a set of those but tirerack was on backorder...
What size did you get them in?

Last edited:

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I almost got a set of those but tirerack was on backorder...
What size did you get them in?

well i was going to go with tirerack but i can do payments with the dude here and the size i got was 235/65/17 i was going to go to a 245 but when i put my brushguard on my 235s are rubbing on hard sharp turns.

ephantmon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet Jesus you got screwed! They're on tirerack.com right now for $89 a piece ($356 for all 4)! Unless they were going to charge you $200 for shipping, you got hosed.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought four KL78's for just over $400 shipped, then i bought a spare later when i had some more money to and the price had gone up a bit, but overall i spent about $500 for a full set of five...

Local markup and mounting and balancing costs i assume?

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet Jesus you got screwed! They're on tirerack.com right now for $89 a piece ($356 for all 4)! Unless they were going to charge you $200 for shipping, you got hosed.

Depends on size too... There is a difference in price between 225, 235, 245, and i'm sure they are charging him mounting and balancing, tire disposal, you name it. All shops do that now. When i got my tires i took them to a local shop to have them mounted and balanced and hauled the old Wranglers home to avoid paying another $25 in disposal fees. And in the end i sold the tires to a guy that wanted them for farm use for $20 so i still made some money on the deal.

But anyway... Locally they want $126 for the same tire thats under $100 on Tire Rack.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
well money wise i dont have just 500 or 600 to drop on tires so i had to do what i could..or it could be just run the tires that are on it BALD and then not buy more tires and therefor no more kj...so ill take 600 for a set of 4 that, thats with mounting them and all.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good tire I ran them for about 25000 miles then sold them to go bigger, even wheeled some with them and they did pretty good

Latest posts

Members online