If you've put 235/75R16 on a stock KJ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fix the issues if they are there? If your asking about issues that may arise I believe there might be slight rubbing on the pinch weld? You can run 245/70/16 without any issues though.

JimKJSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the impression that P245/70R16 are occasionally too wide.
I know its minor and I was wondering if anyone ever tried to run
235/75R16 since it seems to be a rare size. Narrower is actually supposed to dig into mud and snow better

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
narrower actually does dig and free itself much easier. suprisingly more people want beefier, probably for looks, but narrower can actually be more benefitial depending on driving conditions. if you are rock climbing, you obviously want wide hah

im doing 225/75/16 right now, it has been much better than 235/70/16 IMO

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 245/70s with no rubbing. With the weight of our rigs the 245s aren't to wide to dig down well. As you said there are few reasons to going to a wide tire in the real world. Look at the tires used on the Camel Trophy rigs and expedition rigs which have to do well, dependably, on all surfaces. Wide tires work well on asphalt and virtually nowhere else.

Renedave

Reaction score
Not in my experience. Taller tires and airing down are a must in the sand for heavy Jeeps. You want your tires to act like caterpillar tracks, not like rolling pins.

Anyway, I run 245/70R16 Firestone Destination ATs with no rubbing problems whatsoever. For my next set of tires I'm leaning toward 245/75 Goodyear MT-Rs, and I'll suffer through whatever spacing or shaping I need to do.

Latest posts

Members online