I think i figured out the color of my jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there's a fellow on this forum somewhere that painted his Libby with bed liner. Sounds like a great idea, never needs waxing and never shows pinstripes. :cool:

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that is a good idea ! Would be even better to paint the plastic trim with it ! Cause after rubbing peanut butter in them all day to get the wax off ! was a pain

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Mechanica wheels pictured were offered in different trim levels from '02-'07. Not restricted to just '05-'07. I still can't figure out what color the Jeep is, it looks like both Shale Green or Steel Blue depending on which picture. Stupid camera phones. Hate 'em all. :D

The finish is the 05-07 era, the older ones were shinier. Details.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They do, they are "brighter".

02-04 Limited:
You must be registered for see images

05-07 Sport/CRD
You must be registered for see images

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess im going to go out and get a photo too see which i got , And cleaning them are so much easier than the one`s i had on my stratus .

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess im going to go out and get a photo too see which i got , And cleaning them are so much easier than the one`s i had on my stratus .

Waite i posted more photo`s last night But they look dull since i was parked in the shade . They are quite Shiny when i give them a good scrub !

j-rod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always request your build sheet from Jeep. That will list the color. :)

i did that for my XJ a couple weeks ago. Doing it on the wifes KJ now. its actually pretty cool info to have with the original window sticker.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is definately Steel Blue. (I heard it referred to as gun metal blue before but it is Steel Blue) They used it on some TJs and XJs and 02 KJs. Then they stopped using it. Not a common color. There is an XJ around here that color I see occasionally. It is/was the second best factory color after black......almost on a par with black......:D

(at least that's the color it looks like in the pic)

Dave

jeepchic79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did that for my XJ a couple weeks ago. Doing it on the wifes KJ now. its actually pretty cool info to have with the original window sticker.

Did mine too so now the waiting game !! Knowing Jeep it will prolly be 4-6 weeks lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.