I rolled my kj!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like Wednesday this beauty will be coming to my house!!! finally ill be able to get my jeep up and running with transplant!

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whole thing! if you need any parts hit me up after wed and ill see what i can do for ya

JakeG

Reaction score
Ha sold to twack 500$! Not a ton of money but I am very happy with it as she will be put to good use. Im really going to miss her and I will be getting a new one someday! I actully bought it for 2000$ not running and fixed it up. I was offered 4800$ cash money for her a month ago and I really wish I would have taken it...

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least someone will be able to make use of it and you were not hurt.

The biggest thing from this, have you learned from this lesson at all?
Seeing you're in Wisconsin, if I'd ask if you had the same drivers ed instructor as me, but he retired years ago, lol.

Jerpaderp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first jeep was a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited. I saved most of the summer and drooled over every jeep I saw until I found this beauty. I was in love to say the least. I will always remember it...

I had the thing for 10 solid days. Then I rolled it off an embankment into a marsh. Totaled it. I learned my lesson as I am sure you have. I am glad no one was hurt.. What did the folks say?? I have a pretty good guess :shooter:

JakeG

Reaction score
Well my parents definently were not happy! Espescially since I did not get home till 2 that night and they heard from someone that I was in an accident and I didn't answer my phone... They yelled a bit but thats expected I guess but it was my own so they didnt lose anything on it. It was funny though because I had a 03 kj and my mom has a 06, our driveway was looking pretty cool!

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! I love the people on here lecturing the OP like they've never done anything irresponsible....some people just love to try and make others feel stupid. Do a burnout or doughnuts and everyone has a great time. Do the same thing but have an accident and suddenly you're the most idiotic, irresponsible person on the planet....

Don't sweat it Jake - you're always going to have a memory to look back on and laugh your ass off about some of the dumb things you did as a kid. Everyone has them, and the only people that should be lecturing you are your parents. They'll laugh about it too. Thank God nobody was hurt and move on....lol

jbarthol

Reaction score
Now you just reminded me of my dad's teenage screwup, and following chastisement from his parents. How about wrapping a 57 Chevy Station Wagon around a poll back in the early 60's. That story got told at Thanksgiving dinners until my Grandpa passed away. Would not let him forget that. Come to think of it as well, never did find out what happened to his m-80 stash either.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! I love the people on here lecturing the OP like they've never done anything irresponsible....some people just love to try and make others feel stupid. Do a burnout or doughnuts and everyone has a great time. Do the same thing but have an accident and suddenly you're the most idiotic, irresponsible person on the planet....

Don't sweat it Jake - you're always going to have a memory to look back on and laugh your ass off about some of the dumb things you did as a kid. Everyone has them, and the only people that should be lecturing you are your parents. They'll laugh about it too. Thank God nobody was hurt and move on....lol

You can love all you want, but rollovers that were caused from a lack of control is serious business, and even more so due to the OP's young age. I've known plenty of friends that spent a few days in the hospital and a few months of rehab from similar crashes that didn't end so picture perfect. There are also a few that make the local news that were carted off in a body bag. When you start driving, it is not a right. It is a great responsibility, because you have the ability, the power, to end someone's life in a second all due to a lapse of judgment. Call me a killjoy, but we smart people call it maturity. The OP should just be grateful that he is able to read our lecture posts, and listen to his parents ream him, instead of hearing about it months later when he wakes up from a coma. Yeah, he walked away and no one was hurt. Its the proximity to the "what if" that makes this serious. I could continue, but you won't get it. :beatdeadhorse5:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read the posts. Young and dumb, but none of the IF's happened.
I hope that OP realizes how blessed he and his passenger are. Maybe he's not another A. Budke.
OP that's a former member that would ask/ post get answers, but not listen. He kept his ways and hurt someone. I think 1 or 2 DUI's by 21.
So
Do you realize
You could have killed yourself, passenger and maybe someone else.
I hope so.
That you lost your wheels, for a moment of fun.
I think so.
What really makes me wonder if you do "get it", is failing to report, yet posted on Facebook.

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having almost finished parting out my 1990 Wrangler, I made about four times what the rusted out piece of crap was worth whole. You could have made back the $2k you paid for your Liberty a couple times over by parting it out. You really gave it away (no offense to the guy who "stole" it). I understand that's not always an option for everybody though.
As far as screwing around in the snow, many of us have done it, so I'm not going to give you a hard time. You learned the Jeep's limitations the hard way. When my kids first started driving, I took them to an open snow covered parking lot, and showed them how to screw around, and correct a slide. Better and safer to lose control on an open lot, then on the street.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having almost finished parting out my 1990 Wrangler, I made about four times what the rusted out piece of crap was worth whole. You could have made back the $2k you paid for your Liberty a couple times over by parting it out. You really gave it away (no offense to the guy who "stole" it). I understand that's not always an option for everybody though.
As far as screwing around in the snow, many of us have done it, so I'm not going to give you a hard time. You learned the Jeep's limitations the hard way. When my kids first started driving, I took them to an open snow covered parking lot, and showed them how to screw around, and correct a slide. Better and safer to lose control on an open lot, then on the street.

That's no joke! I made $425 on my engine block alone out of my liberty. Shipped it out Wednesday! Parting it out is definitely the way to go. But sometimes people dont have the time or care enough to do all the labor involved in parting a vehicle out. Twack got a great deal and maybe the guy just wanted it out of his yard. My mom hates how everywhere you turn there is engine parts lol. To each his own.

kj04libby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't mean that badly lol just stating the obvious both ways lol. And yes he wrecked his jeep. But I lost 5 friends and 3 of those were best friends. And everyone saying he shouldve been driving better isn't a bad thing if next time he gets in his vehicle it makes him think.

JakeG

Reaction score
Well Im happy with the 500$ he got his motor and some extra cash if he chooses to part it out which I was not interested to much in doing. With the 500 I bought a 99 Corrolla that did not run and I sold it for 1500, now I just got a Audi A4 for 800 and will hopefully be selling it in the next few months for at least a few grand. I plan to get another Liberty with that money!! :D

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hay jake just thought you might want to know almost exactly one year later i just started up your motor in my jeep!!!!! put a grin on my face to hear i!t start up and not sound like death!!! thanks again

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes succesful. I have a 2002 and i used a motor from a 2003. everything was plug and play, except the oil pressure sensor. the 02 and 03 sensors are different but thats so minor in the big picture. I crushed the donor jeep a few months back but i kept the trans and tcase as a spare, but ill probably sell those ........in case anyone is interested....... lol

Latest posts

Members online