i need a swing gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys

someone hit my spare wheel and pushed it in. insurance adjuster says i need whole new swing gate. was wondering if anyone knew of a place i could get one pretty cheap? id settle for an undamaged used one from a junkyard. but i only have $600 bucks from the insurance company. i cant afford to cover my 500 dollar deductable so i wanna try to do this myself in the spring. $1100 from a little bump can u believe that? i wish i knew who did it.

DannyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know how bad the damage is but if it was me i would pull off the inter plastic and push out the dent where the tire was maybe a little bondo and paint.. But as far as if the tail gate was warped and the structure of it was compromised i would try a salvage yard.. I tryed searching for you online but came up short.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tie it to a tree and pull it back out. \:D/ Should work as long as you dont tare the entire back of the jeep off. 8-[ But really, we do not know how bad it is, but if you can pop it back out, keep the $600. Take the plastic off the inside of the door and see what the inside of it looks like.

My drivers side door got bumped one day and it cost $500 to pop the dent and repaint the door. I hadn't had the jeep very long at the time so i just wanted it fixed.. Now that I think about it, I swear I could of taken the plastic off the door and punched it from the inside to pop it out.. :-s

Edit: If it was hit hard enought to warp the entire door, I would drive around looking for a car with some damage. Ive seen a few pics of cars on here and usually the other car gets hurt ALOT worse than the libby does. Could of been a freakin hummer though.. Find it and set it on fire. :-s

fasto82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah its warped. the glass will not flip up unless u open the gate and it wont close all the way either u have to really push on it to get it to latch properly. the mounting bracket for the spare is bent and so is the reinforcement. not sure when it happened. i found out last week when i washed the mud off my jeep and noticed the spare was pushed in.

tgh117

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure where exactly you are in NE PA, but you can check wiht Kressley's Auto Parts or Harry's U pull it, they are both in Hazelton. Other then that, I can't think of any other places at the moment, but a 600 dollar estimate to replace the rear gate, sounds way to cheap. The insurance company is either giving you a used gate, or an aftermarket one for that price for sure. My buddies Maurader just got hit in his driveway by a flying tire of a pick up in an accident, and the estimate to replace the passenger side front door was 1600 bucks.

Good luck though, you can always try and beat it out or hammer it out. You will probably have to readjust the gate on the hinges, that could be why your having some fit problems. Tieing to a tree, or pulling something else should help get the dent back out, just be cautious and use low range.

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a u pull it yard near New Ringgold, PA, where I got my plug for my evic console and my auto dim mirror. While I don't think you'll find any Jeeps in that yard since a majority of the vehicles date from 2000 and earlier, they do have a late model facility right next to it that might have what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Members online