I just want to make sure I am clear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the daystar 2.5" lift on my KJ now. After having on for a few weeks I decided to save up and get rancho/ome stuff (17505/926 since I want to put skids on one day and I just got the shocks in the for sale forum (2" superlift) and the proper ome springs for the rear).

I am wondering where I will be if I keep the daystar top plate on with the new setup. If I understand correctly the frankenlift is 2.5" because of a 1" spacer and the 1.5" from the springs. For reference, I followed THIS how-to so my top plate is mounted the same as opposed to the picture in the faq on this site with the comparison shot with the stock strut assembly.

My brain is a little frazzled from searching and reading so many posts here, but the daystar top plate and ome spring is too high, right? What would be a better way to get the extra 1" lift without buying the frankie? I am going to be parting this together as the funds become available starting with the 17505 since they are going out so I have plenty of time to get the pieces to put it together.

on a side note, the Sears auto center closest to my house has good grease monkeys but people on the floor who don't know crap and argued with me that an alignment is only toe in/out after giving me my printout of my alignment and me telling her it isn't done because the camber is about 1 degree off. She got the tech and he said he got it as close as he could but with the spacers it puts it out of the adjustment he could get for factory specs.
Oh, and when I went in there I told em I lifted it and needed it aligned to which they said great, no problem. When I picked it up the printout says "no warranty". On the back of the paper in fine print it says vehicles with modified suspension do not have a warranty on alignments from sears. It would have been nice to know before getting it done there:mad: Ok, i am done ranting:eek:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can not mix the Daystar and the OME springs , period ,many have been told it would not work and tried anyways only to find out that NO it will NOT! ;)
Why 926 springs by the way I like the 927s! Also I have right now mine sitting with 927s with almost 100,000 miles on them, and sitting as high as any Frankenlift. Do a 1/4 inch top plate , check with Boiler he was going to start making them, plus 3 ring clevis and you'll almost be the same if not the same as the Franky.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Tom. I am thinking 926 because I do not nor will not have the heavy ARB bumper and at most I will have skids and a good ride is important (basically afraid the 927 will be too rough for a stock KJ).

Tony:
My mistake. When I was looking at it last night I could have sworn the comparison pic in the FAQ had the daystar top plate with the cup upside down:eek:

Pending a decision on what spring rate it looks like I will do a small clevis lift, Boilers shims as found here, 17505 up front, superlift shocks in the rear with the ome springs in rear.
In doing the little extra lift in the front, will an extra isolator be required to level it out in the rear?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 927s in front and haven't noticed any problems with ride quality (but I'm coming from having a Daystar in place for 2+ years so I may not remember correctly what it rode like prior to the lifts ;) ). As far as leveling things out I did a clevis lift (1/2") and my front end is still slightly lower than the rear.