I just ordered...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 4 years of wanting them, OME medium duty struts and springs all around!

:happy160:

Rear springs are backordered for at least a week, but that's all right. I probably won't have time to install the new suspension until next month. Can't wait to get it put together though!

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got OME everything, all around. It was easier to order it as a kit, and I've heard nothing but good news about OME for a very long time. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the ride improves after I install everything.

I just noticed your signature, what is "custom rear"? Is that your shocks, or the rear of your Jeep that is custom?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the 132Ls for the rear
the kit used to just give you the 132s
they may have changed now though

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the 132's and had no issues
Also did not have to extend my bump stops
as the collapsed length was okay with the stock
bump stops
Basically remove OE and install OME

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get the 132Ls for the rear
the kit used to just give you the 132s
they may have changed now though

Now you tell me... I will ask the company I bought from which rear shocks I can expect.

Removing OE and installing OME is my plan once everything arrives. I did not order extended bump stops, simply based on the reading I've done about the OME spring/shock pairing being OK without them. My Jeep is bone stock, except for wheels and tires (235/70R16 Revo A/Ts on Cragar Soft 8 rims) so it should all work fine... right?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran the stock replacement monroe for about a month or so with the 948 and no rear iso added.

Would top out if you hit hard. Largely ok but not tested with abundant flexing. Went to a702 bilstein which are same length as 132L ome with no issues.

So if you can change them i would if its not too late.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear springs came today! :D

Still waiting on the rest of the stuff. No big deal though, I can't install it until at least next weekend.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely like to see before and afters once all of this is installed.

Congrats, man.

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please tell me where you ordered from and how much. This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for if EVERYTHING needed comes in a kit. I don't want to have to buy extra little parts (bumpers, spacers, etc.) because I don't know all the components that make up a Lift Kit. Would this be something a person could install at home with typical tools? If so I am very interested.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can buy the springs and shocks in a kit but you'll still need to buy bumpstops etc
Yes it can be done with hand tools at home if you have some mechanical knowledge, not hard

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the OME setup on my 04 about 1.5 years ago and I am very happy with it.
Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

And then with new tires:

Rock on!
DJ

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you mean tires. 245/75R16

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, well I ordered the original lift from Quadratec, an online Jeep parts vendor that caters mostly to CJs, TJs, and JKs. Problem is, the KJ parts are on back order. They sent me the 948 rear springs, but everything else isn't shipping until at least 2/17!

Problem is, I'm moving that week, so my address won't be my home anymore. Not to mention I need to install this before I move (or just forget about it until afterward.)

Does anybody know if this is a "global" shortage or OME parts, or are there other vendors that normally have the KJ parts in stock?

Last edited: